Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Amleto End of project for me

As I understand the implementation, you can specify the number of threads on a client and/or start up individual instances, but I am not the author, just a happy user.
    RE: The error messages. I have long adopted the network strategy of only using alphanumeric characters, typically lower case and/or make sure I am very consistent, no SPACE or "funny" characters, using the hyphen or underscore as a separator. For one of my drives that I can't rename easily, I have it mapped to a drive letter and it solves that problem. Whenever I work over networks, web development, and LAN implementations, this set of rules limit the amount of head scratching. The character ¥ in your error message was my "heads up" to check the naming of files and folders. If it was a slash of some sort, it is expected except for the last almost hidden reference to outputDir¥prefix001. Wasn't sure if I would see a slash for the ¥ and the period at the end??? Hope my rambling helps you solve the mystery.
    Paul
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

Ah I see. Will do some tests then. I haven't noticed how many cores 1 client is using.
    Regarding the ¥. Not sure what I can do about it since japanese windows "/" is actually "¥" for directories. I'll check that prefix . if it has anything to do with the error, too. Thanks.

Thanks Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post

I don't have kray or fprime but send error messages in and i'll see if i can try to get them resolved.
    Any way we can set separate alpha channel?
    I don't see an option for amleto to specify a separate output for the alpha channel only single rgb output.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    Any way we can set separate alpha channel?
    I don't see an option for amleto to specify a separate output for the alpha channel only single rgb output.
    I'll take a look at adding the option for the alpha channel this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
    I'll take a look at adding the option for the alpha channel this weekend.
    Thanks. I suspect this will fix the fprime alpha issue. I have to turn it on bnr,,too for the renders to contain alpha otherwise the alpha is not embedded in the renders.

Can anyone confirm is Amleto rendering correctly ColorSpace settings introduced in 10.0 ? Thanks
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Can anyone confirm is Amleto rendering correctly ColorSpace settings introduced in 10.0 ? Thanks
    Just tested 10.1. It does
    amleto srgb output or linear output renders match lw srgb or linear output.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    Just tested 10.1. It does
    amleto srgb output or linear output renders match lw srgb or linear output.
    Excellent, thanks for testing it.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Not to contradict geo_n in anyway, but I would have been surprised if Amleto generated anything other than what you would expect directly from Lightwave. Amleto is a network rendering tool that first downloads a full copy of the native Lightwave executables to the local drive, then essentially uses LWSN to have Lightwave render the images. All that Amleto does is manage a simpler interface and control of the networked machines. This can be done by ScreamerNet, but it takes WAY too much effort to get it to work, requires multiple people creating movies and instructions, to explain how it is supposed to work, and most people seem to have difficulty. Amleto is much more simple to set up and run, but it is not a separate renderer, so no difference is expected. The only difference that I have found in the past is not from Amleto, but in using procedural textures, and having one of my stations using an older, non-AMD CPU, it calculates the random function differently. Individual frames look fine, but in the compositing, these frames cause a bit of flicker. Easily managed, once it is understood, by baking these particular textures, instead of having the individual station calculate them.
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

Somehow I can't get exrtrader to work correctly with amleto.
    It doesn't output renders where it should be with correct filenames.
    The renders are in TEMP folders but with numerical names.
    Anyone used exrtrader with amleto?

I suspect that you have some set up that must be done?? I don't think it has anything to do with extrader??
    With Amleto, each of the clients needs to have a local drive/folder, which it uses to store the rendered files, before sending the batch back to the designated output folder. I usually have the source directory on a network mapped drive, with only that project inside so it doesn't copy more than is necessary. I also have the output folder on the same mapped drive. Amleto generates five(5) files per node (or whatever you designate) which are numbered locally, then ships them to the main folder and they get renamed in sequence there. There is a command in Amleto to "clean" up the nodes. Check the main Amleto folder and delete any old "job" files if you interrupt a job prematurely as they can contribute to "confusion" with the next render, sometimes. Hope this helps.
    Try by starting up the server first, no job, set the source for Lightwave files and output folder on a drive that all nodes can see. Then go to each node, still without a job, and designate it's local 'temp' folder. I use VNC for this purpose rather than walk to each station as they are in another room. Once this setup is done, shut the server app and the clients down. Clean out any random files? Then try a test scene. You should see each client node download whatever plugins or program files have changed since the last time you ran Amleto, declare setup done, then start on the scene. When I check, I see individually numbered files show up in each of the node stations, then after they each have hit there "number of files" the bunch is sent to the Output folder and renamed to what had been designated.
    Paul
    Paul
    Last edited by paulhart; 07-31-2011 at 12:47 PM.

All paths point to a network shared directory. Installations and renders, too.
    I'm thinking exrtrader needs special support to make it work. This is the case with bnr. I don't actually output to an image file in bnr but to an exr dummy. The real output is from extrader image filter which bnr probably supports.
    But regular buffer savers in lw work so its not a case of amleto not supporting image filters.

How would you update plugins with amleto? For example a new kray version came out. So does this mean I have to completely delete the lw config in amleto and files in lw client folder and make a new one?

In my experience, the process is automatic. In the Amleto Server>Tools>Preferences>LW Configs, set the folders for each. Next, if you can, pull up one of your client station with the server up, after you have updated your configs or your plugins. Amleto automatically copies all of the updated files the nodes before saying "I'm ready." Once I am sure that it is all up fine, I load the scene file to the server and away it goes. I had difficulty initially with some of the set ups, but at this time it is clean. I was not aware of the exrTrader challenge. I know that ButterflyNetRender is more "industrial strength" as a solution and the support to special cases is superb, but Amleto has worked for me, and I haven't yet popped for exrTrader, so I had not bumped into that problem.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast