Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amleto End of project for me

- Amleto do copy all of the content directory as we wasn't able to check easily which files are useful and which are not (think about plugins requiring file X or textures).

Split rendering and others require a key, so far I didn't unlocked this part. The new developer can do it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf View Post
    Neither of which are cross-platform though, so it's not really a choice.
    (and I've no idea how well Amleto would work on OSX using Mono).

Cheers,
    Mike
    How many percent of lw users are non win based? I think being a developer gives you insight.
    It would be ashame not to have amleto atleast for win users. Its much easier than screamernet and portable.
    I plugged my laptop and installed amleto server and client then its game time. The auto search between server and client is much smarter than other network renderers.
    Last edited by geo_n; 07-26-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garg View Post
    - Amleto do copy all of the content directory as we wasn't able to check easily which files are useful and which are not (think about plugins requiring file X or textures).

Split rendering and others require a key, so far I didn't unlocked this part. The new developer can do it easily.
    I hope a lot of users here request for the unlocked version.
    Computers are so cheap nowadays even a hobbyist can afford to have a node or two and amleto works great so far.

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    How many percent of lw users are non win based? I think being a developer gives you some insight.
    It doesn't really matter. If NT sells LW as a cross platform product then they can't just leave out a major feature for one platform - even if they didn't develop it themselves.
    Hosting a private project from one of their developers would be a different matter - but I doubt anybody at NT has the time for that.
    It would be ashame not to have amleto atleast for win users.
    I had a quick look at the sources (out of curiosity more than anything else) but quite frankly I haven't got the time either.

Cheers,
    Mike

Right good point. Guess the hope is only a freelance developer to unlock this for windows users and in the future make it compatible with lw 10 features.

I have not tried if this version supports cs setttings in lw 10. And I guess fprime is not supported fully.

Quote Originally Posted by garg View Post
    I have the latest code for Alain and will be updating it so that it removes the requirements of a license key and unlocking the full program. Will post the updated version soon.

If you have any requests or bug reports, let me know and i'll see what i can get done.

Steve

Wonderful news. I have always maintained a licensed copy with these features enabled, but I only have the license for four(4)? nodes. I appreciate how well it works, easily recognizing and connecting to the nodes on my small "farm" and renders my animations quickly. I had hoped that it would be moved along, made available to a wider audience of Lightwave users, and am very happy to hear of your efforts. Best to you.
    Paul
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
    I have the latest code for Alain and will be updating it so that it removes the requirements of a license key and unlocking the full program. Will post the updated version soon.

If you have any requests or bug reports, let me know and i'll see what i can get done.

Steve
    That's great. It is so portable and easy to setup. One of the easiest network controller I've tested and low resources.
    Not sure if its a bug or just not supported, but fprime doesn't render correctly and there's no alpha. It works fine in my bnr setup.
    Hopefully someone picks this up to be fully compatible with lw 10.

Here's version 3.0.8 of Amleto. I've removed the licence key requirements and this is a fully unlocked version of the program.

You can download it here: http://virtualcoder.co.uk/uploads/am...leto_3.0.8.zip

Works with kray, too, but I get error in screenshot.
    I don't have kray or fprime but send error messages in and i'll see if i can try to get them resolved.

Seems there's also no way to choose which camera to render so the first camera is always rendered? Alpha doesn't seem to be supported in fprime.
    This version has the camera options unlocked, that should fix the problem for you.
    edit: Not sure about the alpha in fprime, do you have an example?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf View Post
    (and I've no idea how well Amleto would work on OSX using Mono).
    Not sure how it will run under mono myself. Can try it in a limited sense under linux as i don't have a mac, if anyone is willing to try and get it working i would be happy to work with them.

I'll set up a website for support and suggestions but in the meantime any request just post them here and i'll see what i can do.

Steve

Steve, Splendid effort on your part. Thank you for picking this up and moving it along. I have enjoyed using it for awhile now and welcome the development to keep it current. I am sure that many frustrated Lightwave "screamers" will find this a welcome change. Being that it is "unlocked" will I now be able to start more than my original licensed number of nodes??
    Thank you again.
    Paul
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

Quote Originally Posted by paulhart View Post
    Steve, Splendid effort on your part. Thank you for picking this up and moving it along. I have enjoyed using it for awhile now and welcome the development to keep it current. I am sure that many frustrated Lightwave "screamers" will find this a welcome change. Being that it is "unlocked" will I now be able to start more than my original licensed number of nodes??
    Thank you again.
    Paul

Thanks Paul.

If you have any requests feel free to get in touch with me steve.moody73 (at) gmail.com.

Will see what i can do.

Steve, Hello...
    To answer my own question, and perhaps others, I uninstalled my licensed version of each of my four(4) stations, then re-installed this version 3.08 without error. I then started up the server on my quad station, initiated two instances of the client on the same station, went to my second station via VNC and started up two instances (it is a dual core) and finally went to my two older stations (single CPU) and started single instances on each of them. The server recognized them all, as I had hoped, as this kind of max's out my renderfarm, yet allows me to continue to work on the main station. I was limited to four(4) before. Thank you. Hopefully others will find this as easy and useful as I have. Put a PayPal button on your site, if you choose, for those who can... I am pleased for myself, but more importantly, for the Lightwave community who benefit from your generosity of time. Thank you again. I will try a full on test of an animation and big image sliced render, later when I am not on deadline for a client, but thought to post that the initial test went well.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
    Here's version 3.0.8 of Amleto. I've removed the licence key requirements and this is a fully unlocked version of the program.

You can download it here: http://virtualcoder.co.uk/uploads/am...leto_3.0.8.zip

I don't have kray or fprime but send error messages in and i'll see if i can try to get them resolved.

This version has the camera options unlocked, that should fix the problem for you.
    edit: Not sure about the alpha in fprime, do you have an example?

Not sure how it will run under mono myself. Can try it in a limited sense under linux as i don't have a mac, if anyone is willing to try and get it working i would be happy to work with them.

I'll set up a website for support and suggestions but in the meantime any request just post them here and i'll see what i can do.

Steve
    Thanks for continue working on amleto. This will help a lot of people avoid scream ernet.
    I have an error that comes up once in a while with amleto when loading scenes.
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachm...3&d=1311485154

Regarding kray, seems to be working. Fprime renders as well except that images don't contain any alpha in png,tga, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by paulhart View Post
    Steve, Hello...
    To answer my own question, and perhaps others, I uninstalled my licensed version of each of my four(4) stations, then re-installed this version 3.08 without error. I then started up the server on my quad station, initiated two instances of the client on the same station, went to my second station via VNC and started up two instances (it is a dual core) and finally went to my two older stations (single CPU) and started single instances on each of them. The server recognized them all, as I had hoped, as this kind of max's out my renderfarm, yet allows me to continue to work on the main station. I was limited to four(4) before. Thank you. Hopefully others will find this as easy and useful as I have. Put a PayPal button on your site, if you choose, for those who can... I am pleased for myself, but more importantly, for the Lightwave community who benefit from your generosity of time. Thank you again. I will try a full on test of an animation and big image sliced render, later when I am not on deadline for a client, but thought to post that the initial test went well.
    Paul
    So a client node does not support multi cores? If I have a quad I should fire up two client nodes? A core i7 with four client nodes?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast