Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amleto End of project for me

Sad to see you go man but I applaud you for at least leaving it for users to be in good hands. IMHO NT should pickup and add to SNII or so just not let it "die" since we need good Network Rendering system.

So this can render single frame over multiple machines ? Can i download latest 10.x compatible version somewhere to tst this - thanks.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Any updates? I suggested in the hc forum to integrate it and passport to lw 10. Hopefully some newtek devs takes an interest.

You may try this version here:
    http://base.nowhere-else.org/temp/amleto_307_7.zip which should work with 10.x
    And yes it does render a single frame across multiple machines, with even good quality renders as there is normally an overlap between the different pieces which is then blended by Amleto. NT didn't contacted me so far, but I'm open to let then take it, and would be actually happy for it.

Thanks garg i'll try this version and hope for best that it will work with 10.1 also.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Thanks garg. Will try this out with 10.1.

Quote Originally Posted by garg View Post
    NT didn't contacted me so far, but I'm open to let then take it, and would be actually happy for it.
    Did NT try to contact recently? Screamernet sucks. This would be a good tool to have included with lw 10.
    The download link posted is a demo version or unlocked version?
    Last edited by geo_n; 07-17-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Amleto works great for lw.
    Much much much easier than screamernet.
    Works with kray, too, but I get error in screenshot.

There are some wierd behavior from amleto. It copies the whole content directory of a scene even irrelevant files. It copies any and all files into folder into C:\TEMP\LWCLIENT\CONTENT\

Manual on the site is also outdated and I can't find other options like split frame, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amletoerror_cr.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	96903  

It may seem to be odd behavior, but I have found that it works fine if I create a folder of a given project, with it's different folders, by "Packaging" a project from within Layout, and then make that the Source folder for Amleto to use. That way it only grabs the relevant files and nothing else. Limits the network traffic and increases the efficiency. Otherwise Amleto grabs the whole folder system and what ever other detritus I had stuck in the folders. I have also moved any content out of the Lightwave Program directory so it doesn't copy any of that. Amleto works very well and should be (EMPHASIS ADDED) looked at by Newtek as an available resource to solve the Network Rendering needs. I disappoints me to no end that there is no response to these opportunities, unless it is going on in the background, unknown to us mere mortals.
    Paul
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

+1

NT .. take notice please .. multiple machines for 1 frame is fantatic for (landscape)archvis!
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

YES! For animation work I can send a project to my "farm" and indicate the number of frames per machine and the priority for that machine, and have them all collect on one station, when they are done.!!! Wahoo. and.... as archijam mentioned, when I need to do large renders for presentation (ArchViz and animation posters, etc.) I can send a frame to the "farm" and slice it up into manageable pieces. What part of this doesn't "scream" solution for Lightwave. No, most people are stuck "Screamer Netting." Amleto is such a more complete and user friendly solution. Newtek, don't give me the old song and dance that you didn't create it so you don't want to use it??? How about even a diplomatic, "We are looking at all of the choices in our "Plan" and are considering such options as Amleto and Surpasses, along with other available sources to best meet the needs of the Lightwave community." Go ahead, you can copy me verbatim and I won't squeal ;-) But no response or even acknowledgement of these threads does nothing to appease the mob.
    Paul
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

Tried fprime and renders fast except that problematic content copying procedure. It copied a 1gig AE comp that I had in the project content directory into the server temp. Then nodes in the network copied it to their node temp folder as well. How can it be prevented from copying everything in the content directory?

Seems there's also no way to choose which camera to render so the first camera is always rendered? Alpha doesn't seem to be supported in fprime.

Quote Originally Posted by paulhart View Post
    It may seem to be odd behavior, but I have found that it works fine if I create a folder of a given project, with it's different folders, by "Packaging" a project from within Layout, and then make that the Source folder for Amleto to use. That way it only grabs the relevant files and nothing else. Limits the network traffic and increases the efficiency. Otherwise Amleto grabs the whole folder system and what ever other detritus I had stuck in the folders. I have also moved any content out of the Lightwave Program directory so it doesn't copy any of that. Amleto works very well and should be (EMPHASIS ADDED) looked at by Newtek as an available resource to solve the Network Rendering needs. I disappoints me to no end that there is no response to these opportunities, unless it is going on in the background, unknown to us mere mortals.
    Paul
    The folder structure we have is one project one folder. Under that we have lw/max folder, AE folder, References folder, etc. Amleto copies all those folders into each computers temp folder. Bnr or backburner for AD soft only copies relevant files to each scene and stream the files from source to each pc.

Butterfly Net Render is certainly a more industrial strength solution with great support and updates. Amleto has worked for me, so I haven't yet moved to BNR. Newtek should have a better solution on board than the hulk that is named "ScreamerNet."
    I only have my project related Lightwave files in the named folder, and using the Packaging choice allows me to set a mapped Network drive, and put the Package on it. Packaging does the "separation" of app specific files and content as I often co-share named folders with Blender components that I am working on in conjunction, much like your Max files.
    I think part of it's solution is to first move a copy of the content to each of the Nodes, so that all of the data is local to that station, putting less burden on constant network traffic, until the set of files are complete, at which time they are sent back to the central station. Different approaches, knowing this I work accordingly.
    Paul

Have you tried fprime with amleto? Doesn't seem to support alpha in any format.
    I agree screamernet needs an update. There's lightnet,which I can't get to work, and now amleto. Calling newtek!
    For now the best workflow with amleto is as you said. Package the scene into a render folder then add that scene to amleto. Not the best workflow but if its free 999 nodes, no complaints. But I seem to recall in the manual that there's an option not to copy the whole content directory but can't find that option in amleto 3.0.

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    There's lightnet,which I can't get to work, and now amleto. Calling newtek!
    Neither of which are cross-platform though, so it's not really a choice.
    (and I've no idea how well Amleto would work on OSX using Mono).

Cheers,
    Mike

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast