Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LWCAD 4 announced for LW10

LWCAD 4 announced for LW10

Just got the newsletter today. For those who haven't seen it:

Because of the recent announcemet from NewTek in regards to Core, the LWCAD 4.0 CORE version development is being haulted, with the next regular update of LWCAD 4.0 being released for LightWave 9.x-10.x. instead.

The approximate release date of LWCAD 4.0 for LightWae 9.x-10.x is scheduled for an early Autumn 2011.

LWCAD 4.0 will bring full UV mapping support applied into every tool, completely rewritten and streamlined toolset and next generation of Shape Library.

LWCAD 4.0 special
    This special is valid until LWCAD 4 release:

225$ - LWCAD 3.61 upgrade from version 2.x ( including free upgrade to LWCAD 4.0)
    299$ - LWCAD 3.61 full version ( including free upgrade to LWCAD 4.0)

After LWCAD 4 release, upgrade from version 3.x to 4.0 will be available for 149$

You can purchase special at:

www.wtools3d.com

Blog Entries
    I'm glad he's going to support 9.6. with lwcad4. i should be getting that free upgrade since i purchased last year i think. when he had that deal going. it also said free upgrade to 4. btw I can see why he's now supporting Max.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Viktor is an important developer, LWCAD is a fantastic addition to LightWave.

I have no issues with him wanting to bring the fruits of LWCAD to a wider audience, and I understand his decision regarding CORE, but I for one am glad he is continuing to bring LWCAD to LightWave.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Quote Originally Posted by calilifestyle View Post
    I'm glad he's going to support 9.6. with lwcad4. i should be getting that free upgrade since i purchased last year i think. when he had that deal going. it also said free upgrade to 4. btw I can see why he's now supporting Max.
    I'm not sure you have that right about the free upgrade. When the CORE version was first announced he said that all current owners of LWCAD 3.x would get CORE version of 3.x for free. But since CORE is not being continued as an application, there was no 3.x CORE version. But I'm not sure which deal you might be referring to, I would email Viktor on that to be sure.

Blog Entries
    that the thing when i bought the upgrade he had on his website stating that the next version will be free upgrade. we had that long thread back when core was announced. and when Vic. Announced lw4 free for those that buy between what ever date he gave.

At the time was on the fence to buy it. But when that Newsletter came out i was all over it. i would dig it up but good there since i don't tend to keep newsletters
    Last edited by calilifestyle; 06-22-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Viktor is an important developer, LWCAD is a fantastic addition to LightWave.

I have no issues with him wanting to bring the fruits of LWCAD to a wider audience, and I understand his decision regarding CORE, but I for one am glad he is continuing to bring LWCAD to LightWave.
    Yup Matt. Viktor told me about the Max port several months back but he told me he had no intentions to leave the LightWave community. With all the uncertainty over CORE, I think his sales were down. I'm sure this has been a hard and uncertain time for all LightWave third party developers.

In any event, LWCAD 4 is very welcome news right now.

I'm not seeing anything on that site/link about the upgrade special price or (more importantly) what this new LWCAD v4.0 has in terms of enhancements.

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

It's in the newsletter he sent out which I posted above. I think Viktor has a webmaster do his page for him and I think he updates for Viktor every so often so I'm sure you'll see it once that happens. We're still probably 3 months or so away before he's projecting when it will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by GregMalick View Post
    I'm not seeing anything on that site/link about the upgrade special price or (more importantly) what this new LWCAD v4.0 has in terms of enhancements.
    It was an email I think, and read first post for details on features (I suspect there will be a longer list than that though!)
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Blog Entries
    btw if he can manage to toss in some support for iges file imports, ill buy it two more time . lol

oh and that building generator oh that would be sweet
    Last edited by calilifestyle; 06-22-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Around what month is "Autumn 2011"?
    Win7 64/Core i7-975 3.33GHz/12GB RAM/GTX 670 2GB/Wacom Intuos4 M
    I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Autumn generally starts in September so if its early autumn I would guess between september and October.

hmmm, no email for me.... and I'm a LWCAD 2.0 owner.

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

Quote Originally Posted by GregMalick View Post
    hmmm, no email for me.... and I'm a LWCAD 2.0 owner.
    Greg go to the support page at the bottom and enter your email address to sign up for updates:

http://www.wtools3d.com/support.php

Maybe older versions like version 2 aren't covered in the updates, not sure.

inside the beltway Riff_Masteroff's Avatar
    "After LWCAD 4 release, upgrade from version 3.x to 4.0 will be available for 149$ "

Ok, no pre-release special pricing for those who are now using V3.6. And also, those ppl cannot upgrade to 4.0 in advance.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast