Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Art space

thanks, Otacon.
    Afaik Gradients are simply Irradiance gradients, a better way to smooth GI samples. Imho it should be always ON.
    Regarding Behind Test, i never saw big differences so i never use it, but since my setup is usuallty different, maybe it could make sense here.

bye
    Paolo

hm, i guess it would make animations flicker less then...
    need to test... :] cool... :]
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by otacon View Post
    Thanks. I normally turn on use gradients, I'm not sure why it's off. I think I forgot to click it when I was setting up the scene. I don't know if there is any advantage to using behind test in this scene. I tend to always keep it checked because I'm unsure of the exact effect it has...just have not tested it much.
    Is your Ambient Occulsion, the built-in Lightwave AO raytracer, AO shaders or are you using SB_AmbOcc shader.

What are your setting for AO?

For this image I used the built in AO node. Settings were like 1' distance, 8 quality.

What are your Photoshop settings, I never get clean images when I do gamma corrections... I don't get How you can go from totally black image almost to white
    Seriously, when I do so, I get overblown areal or grain.

Wouldn't you mind sharing your photoshop workflow (in few words). Thank you, your work is very inspirational! Hav you posted outside NT forums?
    555Lab.com

HP Z800 Win 7 x64
    LW11.0.3 x64
    Bi-Quad Xeon E5530 2.40 GHZ
    16 cores Hyperthreaded
    20GB Ram
    Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 1.5GB / CUDA 192 cores
    Dual screen HP LP2475w

Afaik its not photoshopped, its Photomatixed http://www.hdrsoft.com/index.html

Yeah I use photomatix, and more recently I've been messing with Oloneo photo engine. Part of getting it right is balancing your light in lightwave. Before the vpr, it was harder to see what kind of light balance you were getting. Turn off dithering in the processing panel to get rid of noise.

I also post at evermotion, cgarchitect and some other forums.

which one is best in your opinion ?

Paolo

Dude... I 'hate you So Bad... :P no man looks incredible, I' love the minimalism on the scene, the light set up looks so easy, thanks for sharing your screenshots & keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlov View Post
    which one is best in your opinion ?

Paolo
    I'm really liking Oloneo. It has nice curve adustments, it updates faster realtime, simple controls, better color controls.

White and yellow, nice, clean and warm!
    Like it!

thanks, Otacon.
    Afaik Gradients are simply Irradiance gradients, a better way to smooth GI samples. Imho it should be always ON.
    If you want better light in bumps with radiosity gradients should be OFF, aside bump radiosity option, flicker in this case is bigger. For stills I always turn it OFF, I'm getting better details this way.

Otacon, thanks gonna check oloneo demo.
    MDspecific, thanks a lot for the info, gonna try it.

Yikes, this looks too good. Lighting and surfaces are a treat for the eye. A friend just bought a render plugin for rendering interiors, then I showed him your renders. Enough said. I don't know why people think LW is not capable in that department.

Why do you tonemap the renders so drastically ? Don't you use sRGB color space ? I use tonemapping just to tweak the image a bit. I get nice light balance when rendering in sRGB, can't get blown highlights even when cranking the lights in the 100 - 500% range.

honestly i didnīt know because of ignoring the Color Space, (i guess many of us did)
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

...Regarding Behind Test, i never saw big differences so i never use it, but since my setup is usuallty different, maybe it could make sense here.

bye
    Paolo
    I leave "Use Behind Test" off because it's faster when off.. untill I find a problem. I'ts easy to test. using fast radioity settings put a painting with a frame on a wall, separate it slightly, Now render with, and without "Use behind test".

When it's off, radiosity rays compute the painting but not the wall that is behind it. In this case it can contaminate the wall with the brightnes or color values of the painting, making the wall bright and colored instead of dark from the radiosity "occlusion".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast