Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: 1001 ways to use LW and Blender together

They're not likely to add LWO3, but there's nothing stopping a LW user to write a python importer. You could alternatively just use OD copy paste from Oliver to transfer geometry if that's all you want. But there is still always obj and FBX.
    I think after 3 years, Modo is still the only app I know of which has added LWO3 support but the format is fairly common there.

FaceBuilder for Blender - $150  (or free as long as beta lasts)

can of course be exported / imported into LightWave.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

yeah i saw that. pretty cool. time to change the order of thread title?

I tried to install the face builder.
    One of the things that constantly frustrates me with blender, so many addons that simply fail to be recognized when installing addons from zipfil, I added this directly install from zipfile in blender 2.81 experimental, but nothing seem to happen, I can not find the addon in the addon list, and I need to do that in order to download the core library.

Maybe it isnīt working with the 2.81 experimental build?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I tried to install the face builder.
    One of the things that constantly frustrates me with blender, so many addons that simply fail to be recognized when installing addons from zipfil, I added this directly install from zipfile in blender 2.81 experimental, but nothing seem to happen, I can not find the addon in the addon list, and I need to do that in order to download the core library.

Maybe it isnīt working with the 2.81 experimental build?
    They often explicitly state what revision range they support, it's quite possible the pkg you tried doesn't support versions > 2.80 (but they might have one which does, or instructions how to enable the one you have for 2.81).
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    They often explicitly state what revision range they support, it's quite possible the pkg you tried doesn't support versions > 2.80 (but they might have one which does, or instructions how to enable the one you have for 2.81).
    Wrong file downloaded, it was actually the core library tools I downloaded and not the actual addon, silly me, or glasses or whatever.
    once istalled I had to install the online core libs from the preference addon options.
    Installation was successfull, and it seems to work now.

Yep it works, though I think setting up side view and pinning is a bit tricky..this requires a bit more reading on the manual.
    here is the download links, and click on the large blue button saying "Download facebuilder Add-on"
    So you do not accidently just download the libraries as I did.

So it requires some effort in time to pin the side and maybe other views properly if you want a model resembling your reference photos, the images need to be the same size as well.

https://www.keentools.io/download-blender

do you think it is possible to grab frames from a movie, SW, then use that info?

i might try it down the line...  

You probably need alot of different angles, preferably with consistent lighting.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

might work for the shape only... it'd be fun to try...  

neat, further research implies it should >
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj98PykFP7o
    Last edited by erikals; 12-26-2019 at 07:54 PM.

looks decent and fairly simple to use
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    do you think it is possible to grab frames from a movie, SW, then use that info?

i might try it down the line...  
    Of course itīs possible, you can grab any frame from any movie, and the images can be loaded in to facebuilder.
    The question is how good you can get it, just as long you have many frames to choose from it will help building a better closeness to the original face, but you need to process the images to be of the same resolution.

I think the shape will be easier to nail down, while textures will most likely contain direct lighting from the movie light set up, which you wouldnīt want..so ideally you would have to process that and remove, or find other images of that face with just ambient lighting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    might work for the shape only... it'd be fun to try...  

neat, further research implies it should >
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj98PykFP7o
    I wonder though if the version for Nuke holds something that canīt be done in blender?

I wonder though if the version for Nuke holds something that canīt be done in blender?
    i can only go by vague indications, and the indication is that it is pretty close to the Nuke version.

I think the shape will be easier to nail down, while textures...
    yep, textures will be tricky, so lots of manual work there, but would be quite cool if a shape could hold a close resemblance to the real data.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast