Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 1001 ways to use LW and Blender together

Does anyone have an overwhelmingly good reason for me not to merge this thread into the larger Blender thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119527) just to keep it all in one easily located place?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Doesn't bother me.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Drocket View Post
    Steve I am not promoting this just thought it was impressive and maybe NT could have something similar in the future.

If you think it is over stepping the bounds then please delete the post.
    Here is a surfacing and retopo tool for blender, information here
    Video here (quite long)
    picky here, but feature requests is best posted in the feature request section, me thinks..
    Last edited by erikals; 09-06-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Excellent. There were some earlier posts to the effect that it was useful to keep all of this sort of stuff in one massive thread.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by lightmann View Post
    After some time waiting that some features were added, some things fixed and others improved over the main trunk of builds of Blender and see how my necessities are not a priority for the developer teams. I decided to compile the version of blender that fill an important gap and allows me gain some benefits of 2.5x generation in companion of all my favorite tools.
    Basically this is an actual version that brings finally an efficient support for point cache formats (all the credit and thanks to ivogrigull the coder); and specially for mdd that has been broken for long time.
    The next stop is a 64 version of the most recent build and in the best scenario more useful tools for fellows Lwers.
    So following the spirit of blender and this community.

enjoy it.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sb2ab69imnhzn4z

so the difference (compared to the original) is that it has included a point cache format plugin?
    Last edited by erikals; 09-06-2011 at 10:47 AM.

SBowie, you merged two threads while i posted an answer, thereby the confusion. (post #58)
    Last edited by erikals; 09-06-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    SBowie, you merged two threads while i posted an answer, thereby the confusion. (post #58)
    Sorry. This is a smart group - they'll figure it out.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

then what am i doing here, LoL... :]

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    picky here, but feature requests is best posted in the feature request section, me thinks..
    I would have done but Steve (at the time) preferred having blender stuff in one place hence why I put it in this thread.

I do agree with you though it should have gone in the request forum but I didn't know if it would be removed, so...

I would have done but Steve (at the time) preferred having blender stuff in one place hence why I put it in this thread.

I do agree with you though it should have gone in the request forum but I didn't know if it would be removed, so...
    Actually, t'was not I who originally mentioned the value of a single location for Blender<->LW info, but it does seem to be a reasonable approach. So this thread is a good location for "You can use Blender for this or that, and then bring it into LW to continue" type posts.

It seems equally reasonable to put a "Please give LW similar ability to 'feature x' in Blender" in Feature Requests, don't you think? I'd been fine with that. I'm not trying to make this difficult.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Actually, t'was not I who originally mentioned the value of a single location for Blender<->LW info, but it does seem to be a reasonable approach. So this thread is a good location for "You can use Blender for this or that, and then bring it into LW to continue" type posts.

It seems equally reasonable to put a "Please give LW similar ability to 'feature x' in Blender" in Feature Requests, don't you think? I'd been fine with that. I'm not trying to make this difficult.
    Apologies Steve, I thought it was you who had requested we keep blender stuff in one thread. If you want to move the request to a new thread be my guest.

Apologies Steve
    Nah, not necessary.

If you want to move the request to a new thread be my guest.
    If you don't mind, I'll wimp out (swamped) - feel free to post it again if you like though.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I don't know if it makes any difference but I saved the lib file into the same folder as the blender fluid files.
    Solved the material issue - was using a srf file instead of a .lib. Now works perfectly! Should have read your post more carefully
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

so the difference (compared to the original) is that it has included a point cache format plugin?
    Yes partially, unfortunately its not a plugin o python script, itīs an addition to the main code.
    If someone is interested in the x64 bit compiled version send me a PM.
    Carlos Puebla
    //TD 3d Character Artist.

ncpuebla (arroba) gmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by stevecullum View Post
    Solved the material issue - was using a srf file instead of a .lib. Now works perfectly! Should have read your post more carefully
    Glad you got it now.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast