Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 1001 ways to use LW and Blender together

World's Tallest Dwarf safetyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daforum View Post
    Cool idea for getting quick models. I didn't know about Blender being able to import subd objects and it applies a subdivision modifier..that's a cool tip
    It would be good if it worked the other way around, but when I've tried the subdivision in Blender, it freezes at that level on export so when it comes in to LightWave it has a lot of polys.
    (i would prefer to create a subpatch cage on export from Blender so I can up the levels when rendering in LW)
    Yeah, that's the downside. Fortunately, if you freeze the model in LW at a low level (2 works well) then bring it into Blender, it works great for sculpting without using having to use sub-d's. Great for putting the finishing touches on a character.

Quote Originally Posted by daforum View Post
    (i would prefer to create a subpatch cage on export from Blender so I can up the levels when rendering in LW)
    Huh ?
    Well you can allways deactivate the subdivision modifier, or, when exporting as a obj, inside the file requestor on the left side, you can uncheck "apply modifier"

Quote Originally Posted by tischbein3 View Post
    Huh ?
    Well you can allways deactivate the subdivision modifier, or, when exporting as a obj, inside the file requestor on the left side, you can uncheck "apply modifier"

That's a great tip for a Blender to LW working method

(I was just being lazy when I said I wanted it to open in LW with a subpatch cage automatically applied...would be handy if it could)
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......«« go on, click on a link!

For those lazy guys , in blender just press CTRL + 1 = Apply subdivision surface modifier in level 1 , CTRL +0 move the modifier to the lowest subdivision. ideal for quick export.
    Carlos Puebla
    //TD 3d Character Artist.

ncpuebla (arroba) gmail dot com

A big lazy thank you for the tip
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......«« go on, click on a link!

Smile Blender newbie question...can Blender export motion blur along with an obj sequence?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Dynamics, fluids, etc. I can do decent effects within minutes. I haven't used RealFlow in years.
    I have a question. Many years ago, I saw a script to export Blender fluid dynamics to LightWave in the form of an object sequence. Do you know if this script exports the motion blur as well?

For example, RealFlow exports the blur in the form of an embedded "Speed" endomorph for each object. Vibrating the Speed endomorph over one frame results in blur in LightWave. Does the Blender->LW object sequence script offer something similar?

I ask because a personal license of RealFlow is too expensive for me at this time, and I'd like to use Blender instead for fluid dynamics.
    Jen's 3D -- LightWave stuff.
    Jen's 2D -- my comic book.

Python is my smashing board. LightWave is my S.M.A.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Celshader View Post
    I have a question. Many years ago, I saw a script to export Blender fluid dynamics to LightWave in the form of an object sequence. Do you know if this script exports the motion blur as well?

For example, RealFlow exports the blur in the form of an embedded "Speed" endomorph for each object. Vibrating the Speed endomorph over one frame results in blur in LightWave. Does the Blender->LW object sequence script offer something similar?

I ask because a personal license of RealFlow is too expensive for me at this time, and I'd like to use Blender instead for fluid dynamics.
    This is getting off topic, but I can point you in the right direction (in case you are unaware of this): splotchdog

From the Blender site.
    Destruction in Blender

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Blend...3/2M9xiS4YG6o/

Looks pretty cool.
    Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite, 2.66 GHz Core 2 duo, 4 GB RAM,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro

From the Blender site.
    Destruction in Blender

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Blend...3/2M9xiS4YG6o/

Looks pretty cool.
    oh yes ,and u can import this big mess via FBX.
    Carlos Puebla

After some time waiting that some features were added, some things fixed and others improved over the main trunk of builds of Blender and see how my necessities are not a priority for the developer teams. I decided to compile the version of blender that fill an important gap and allows me gain some benefits of 2.5x generation in companion of all my favorite tools.
    Basically this is an actual version that brings finally an efficient support for point cache formats (all the credit and thanks to ivogrigull the coder); and specially for mdd that has been broken for long time.
    The next stop is a 64 version of the most recent build and in the best scenario more useful tools for fellows Lwers.
    So following the spirit of blender and this community.

enjoy it.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sb2ab69imnhzn4z
    Last edited by lightmann; 07-07-2011 at 08:53 AM.
    Carlos Puebla

Quote Originally Posted by lightmann View Post
    So following the spirit of blender and this community.
    I rather suspect this is a copy of a post to a different community, inasmuch as this one is specifically for "professional and civil discourse regarding NewTek products by NewTek users". Your post does not seem to fit this criteria in any obvious way.

Nevertheless, I am letting your post stand as is, for whatever merit it might have for LW users. That said, I'd appreciate it if those posting in this thread continue to show respect for the fact that this is not a Blender forum, and that it's existence is already a compromise.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Ok ,Its not a copy,Steve i understand. I apologize for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by lightmann; 07-07-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Carlos Puebla

Steve I am not promoting this just thought it was impressive and maybe NT could have something similar in the future.

If you think it is over stepping the bounds then please delete the post.

Here is a surfacing and retopo tool for blender, information here

Video here (quite long)

Blender fluids

I may need to do some fluid stuff for an upcoming project so I thought I'd look into blender. I don't normally use blender but I was surprised at how easily I was able to make a little fluid test, import it to LightWave, and apply a nice surface to it (using Dielectric).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbelfEzK_M0

I used the Splotchdog importer plugin found here:
    http://www.splotchdog.com/index.php?...d=60&Itemid=39

Next I will need to test how it does with collision objects.

More:

One more interesting thing I've found is that I can load a collision object from LightWave into blender, or make any other change, rebake the fluid, then jump back to Layout and the change is already there, I don't need to import anything or reload the scene at all.

Last edited by Philbert; 09-04-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Splotchdog's plugin works well, supports motion vectors and even supports particles, but is 9.6 only for some reason.
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast