Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1001 ways to use LW and Blender together

Heffalump
    Quote Originally Posted by tischbein3 View Post
    @daforum and phil,

I'm open to provide the source code, (after the community has checked on flaws) to anyone who wants to compile it. But prefereably to someone who actually do use the zlib from the blender svn.

chris
    Neat. I am not really a coder as such, but I am capable of building from source and have been known to tinker with existing code to persuade it to work.

I'll keep my eyes open for it
    Inactive.

Hi tischbein3.

I'm not a coder either. Not sure how many Mac coders are out there, but i'm sure someone can do it?!
    Last edited by daforum; 05-24-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......«« go on, click on a link!

inside the beltway Riff_Masteroff's Avatar
    Well someone, some-wheres must 'like' my threaded library. 411 downloads of the latest version, 870 downloads of previous versions. This seems to be a fitting response to the thread seeder, but, never mind, I posted this stuff long ago:

http://newtek.com/forums/showthread....readed+Library

Thank you Rip_ the Library was very useful today.
    Also tischbein3 thanks.
    Carlos Puebla
    //TD 3d Character Artist.

ncpuebla (arroba) gmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by howardt View Post
    My main interest is in developing new features for 3d programs (as scripts, plugins, or otherwise), and Blender is a much more friendly place to do that right now.
    Cool, can you please write an LWO exporter for Blender?

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    Cool, can you please write an LWO exporter for Blender?
    Quite possible that I will. I do love LW's renderer, which is the reason I moved to Lightwave 8 years ago.

That would be very nice, thanks!
    Blender has a nice LWO importer but no exporter, for now I'm exporting .obj or fbx and convert them back to LWO.

Actually Blender had a LWO exporter as a plugin prior to 2.5x AFAIR

Blender also had a LWS exporter as a plugin too.

I don't have the LWO exporter anymore, but I do have the old LWS exporter, so if anyone would like to recode this for Blender 2.5x+ I can attach the plugin.

AFAIK the plugin is free to change.
    Kevin "K-Dawg" Reeves

did the LWS accurately maintain camera movements? that would be sweet
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
    Actually Blender had a LWO exporter as a plugin prior to 2.5x AFAIR

Blender also had a LWS exporter as a plugin too.

I don't have the LWO exporter anymore, but I do have the old LWS exporter, so if anyone would like to recode this for Blender 2.5x+ I can attach the plugin.

AFAIK the plugin is free to change.
    K-Dawg, is the old LWS exporter for 2.49b? Also is it the sequence exporter not scene exporter?
    Whatever it is, can you attach it as I would like to try it

Any luck finding the LWS exporter??

Oh I'm sorry. Haven't checked the forums lately.

I'll look real quick and let you know and upload if I do.

EDIT:
    I found the lwsexporter Plugin. I'll upload that one. AFAIK Blender prior to 2.5 had an LWO exporter, but I'll have to install that to check. Luckly I run Linux so that should be too much of a deal.

I've also uploaded another Plugin called pfxexporter. I dunno remember where I got these though.

If I find that LWO exporter, I'll upload here.

EDIT2:
    I think I found it. It's called Lightwave Exporter and in the file it says something with .lwo so I think this is it.
    I can't program in python so I can't really so anything with it. Hope you guys find a way to get these useful plugins working with Blender 2.5+

I also added some other plugins with the plugs.zip file that came with the older blender version.

Greetz
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by K-Dawg; 06-17-2011 at 04:29 AM.
    Kevin "K-Dawg" Reeves

World's Tallest Dwarf safetyman's Avatar
    One of the things I've been doing is getting content from Google Sketchup Warehouse into Lightwave via Blender. Sometimes the Collada importer in LW 9.6 (which is all I have ATM), doesn't import anything and Blender seems to be able to handle most of the Sketchup collada files pretty well.

The Warehouse is pretty handy in a pinch (like quick buildings, vehicles, planes, or even fire hydrants, tools, etc.) and it's amazing how much stuff is in there. A lot of it is crap, but sometimes you find a good base model to use as a starting point.

It's been discussed already I'm sure, but Blender does a good job importing LW subd objects for the most part; it opens them with a subdivision modifier applied. So I can do a quick sculpt job on the model if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
    Oh I'm sorry. Haven't checked the forums lately.

I'll look real quick and let you know and upload if I do.

EDIT:
    I found the lwsexporter Plugin. I'll upload that one. AFAIK Blender prior to 2.5 had an LWO exporter, but I'll have to install that to check. Luckly I run Linux so that should be too much of a deal.

I've also uploaded another Plugin called pfxexporter. I dunno remember where I got these though.

If I find that LWO exporter, I'll upload here.

EDIT2:
    I think I found it. It's called Lightwave Exporter and in the file it says something with .lwo so I think this is it.
    I can't program in python so I can't really so anything with it. Hope you guys find a way to get these useful plugins working with Blender 2.5+

I also added some other plugins with the plugs.zip file that came with the older blender version.

Greetz
    Thanks for posting these python scripts
    I do have a few of them already, but not the pfxexport one, so I will definitely be playing with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by safetyman View Post
    One of the things I've been doing is getting content from Google Sketchup Warehouse into Lightwave via Blender. Sometimes the Collada importer in LW 9.6 (which is all I have ATM), doesn't import anything and Blender seems to be able to handle most of the Sketchup collada files pretty well.

The Warehouse is pretty handy in a pinch (like quick buildings, vehicles, planes, or even fire hydrants, tools, etc.) and it's amazing how much stuff is in there. A lot of it is crap, but sometimes you find a good base model to use as a starting point.

It's been discussed already I'm sure, but Blender does a good job importing LW subd objects for the most part; it opens them with a subdivision modifier applied. So I can do a quick sculpt job on the model if I need to.
    Cool idea for getting quick models. I didn't know about Blender being able to import subd objects and it applies a subdivision modifier..that's a cool tip
    It would be good if it worked the other way around, but when I've tried the subdivision in Blender, it freezes at that level on export so when it comes in to LightWave it has a lot of polys.
    (i would prefer to create a subpatch cage on export from Blender so I can up the levels when rendering in LW)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast