Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 1001 ways to use LW and Blender together

i thought the character creation/sculpting looked good

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    i thought the character creation/sculpting looked good
    Yes..ofcourse..itīs a great tool to have, but we (including myself) may need to be extra careful about how we use this forums when mentioning any other competing software, it isnīt a forum to promote the other software.
    I think newtek tried to make that more clear that they have had too much tolerance with such threads.

When you discuss or showcase both of the tools working together, or if you simply refer to something that may work better in another software...you can probably do that if you also put some effort on
    explaining it well, so the dev team possibly could listen to it and see if they could improve where Lightwave may fall behind.

Sculpting in blender has been a favourite of mine, as long as we do not have a proper sculpting tool in Lightwave, I may occasionally use OD copy and paste from blender and back in to Lightwave, also the other way around, especially for using ant landscape and sculpting further on in blender, but sometimes sent to Lightwave for rendering in there, that is one workflow that putīs attention on both software working together.

I am suspecting that sculpting now may be very high on the Lightwave priority to match the competition, just guessing that is why they seem to have aquired metamorphic sculpt, how far they can push it to compete a bit with
    blenders sculpting tools, is still in a veil today.

If we try to explain well why a certain operation task in blender works better, itīs good to do so with respect and propose improvements in Lightwave if needed.
    And other ways of using these two sweet programs together..will help keep the thread going with creative suggestions.

yes, please add it to Feature Requests, and also why you think it excels compared to LightWave.
    https://forums.newtek.com/forumdispl...ature-Requests

many nice LightWave <> Blender workflows, sculpting and Fluids being two of them

unfortunately, working fast in Blender for simple tasks is still a struggle in Blender, even with the new version 2.8
    i hoped they had fixed it by now, but simple things are still not streamlined.

check out LightWave workflows, then Blender workflows. some are better in AppX, other not so much.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yes, please add it to Feature Requests, and also why you think it excels compared to LightWave.
    https://forums.newtek.com/forumdispl...ature-Requests

many nice LightWave <> Blender workflows, sculpting and Fluids being two of them

unfortunately, working fast in Blender for simple tasks is still a struggle in Blender, even with the new version 2.8
    i hoped they had fixed it by now, but simple things are still not streamlined.

check out LightWave workflows, then Blender workflows. some are better in AppX, other not so much.
    Do you feel to share a few of those simple tasks that is a struggle in blender?
    I am just curious if they are the same as mine...like setting up texture coordinates and transforms, setting up bumps etc, also setting a camera target, smoothing of surfaces...that is some stuff i prefer
    to do in Lightwave.

Also setting wireframe per viewport is mor of what I need In Lightwave rather than constantely have to adjust any per object wireframe in blender, itīs good to have a per segment mesh option for wireframe, but I rather have that as additional..and otherwise per default being able to set it per viewport.

https://blenderartists.org/t/e-cycle...cluded/1139717

E-Cycles is a fork of Cycles which renders about twice as fast when using CUDA.

7sec at 100% (4 times the resolution of the original BMW benchmark file) on a single 1080Ti :

Last edited by gar26lw; 03-08-2019 at 07:07 PM.

a bit like lwcad for blender

Creating and Styling hair in Lighwave and render in Blender and further style comb, cut adjust it..

After some trial and error, I can now use Lightwave to create manual spline curves, convert with strandmaker to polychains...send it to Blender and use the hairnet plugin for making hair based on polys and not just particles, it will still use the same renderer and options for children hair twisting, braiding and rendering as particle hair does, and you can further more enter particle edit to cut or comb the hair.

Why use this workflow..well, I am not that fond of blenders curve spline tools, and I actually prefer lightwaveīs spline draw tools, there are other ways of drawing the hair in blender of course, or use polyshapes initially..but I think this is quite handy to know.

Apart from drawing splines in Lightwave...you can actually just grow fibers on a cap mesh in Lightwave Layout, then polygonize it, make sure you go back to modeler and save the resulting two layout meshes as one mesh, but in two layers, then save out to Lwo 2015 format (not 2019..it will not read in blender)

So that way you can actually use fiberfx styling and get hairguides/polychains that you then render in blender...
    Why render in blender...well I consider itīs render CPU ..much faster than Lightwaves for hair, and if you activate GPU..Even more faster, and apart from that..I really prefer the hair shader in blender VS Lightwave.

So full freedom, create and style your hairstrands in Lightwave with any modeling deform tool and modeling creation tool, or layout styling and render with the great Blender Hair shading system,
    And you can do the opposite as I have covered before a little bit, style the hair in Blender and send to Lightwave and render there if you prefer that.

Now I just need to get the time to record both of these processes.

yup, great work, no doubt.

use it side by side with LightWave, or jump like Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    a bit like lwcad for blender

Though cool and interesting and in the end probably more powerful than lwcad thanks to modifiers that can be changed..unlike LWcad, But..itīs not a way of using Lightwave with blender together, so a bit off topic.

jepzi pepsi. requested something similar for LightWave.
    5 months ago or so.

But..itīs not a way of using Lightwave with blender together, so a bit off topic.
    one can probably freeze it in Blender, and then import it into LightWave.

jepzi pepsi. requested something similar for LightWave.
    5 months ago or so.

one can probably freeze it in Blender, and then import it into LightWave.
    Of course, when you put it that way..it sounds better.

Manuel Bastioni Lab, no longer discontinued >

http://www.cgchannel.com/2019/07/cre...h-mb-lab-1-7-5

export / import to LightWave

Manuel Bastioni Lab, no longer discontinued >

http://www.cgchannel.com/2019/07/cre...h-mb-lab-1-7-5

export / import to LightWave
    Interesting, glad to see it pickup up again..
    Tried to install it but got two missing scripts protests, itīs one of the major frustrating things when adding plugins to blender..itīs just not that smooth as adding plugins in to Lightwave in my opinion, either something missing or conflicting, or it wonīt show up at all when installed.

Missing scripts are..
    add_mesh_space_tree
    oscurart_futurism

I am usually stubborn to try and solve things ..but I really hate when you try to add plugins, that arenīt providing the full tools, and does require other addons previously installed.

Yes, would've been too bad if it stopped there.

as far as scripts you need to check the Blender forum i think.

Personally i haven't installed it yet, as i'm still using Make Human over here.

Yes, would've been too bad if it stopped there.

as far as scripts you need to check the Blender forum i think.

Personally i haven't installed it yet, as i'm still using Make Human over here.
    From time to time, I jump in to make human as well, but I think I prefer Daz anyway.
    If any, what do you like better in Make Human over Daz?

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast