Thread: Modeler>Can you make background wireframes more transparent less obstructive?

Modeler>Can you make background wireframes more transparent less obstructive?

Can you make a background layer 50% transparent instead of pure black wireframes? I'm trying to model based on a insane cad model, but the black wireframes make it hard to see what I am doing..

I've looked around for a bit and can't seem to find anything. I found a couple related posts, but the suggested changing the background color, when the color back there is fine. I can see the background layer fine, It's just so dense I can't see my work through it. But I need it up as reference.

Thanks for any help.

Hello 4d artist
    Can't you simplify the Cad mesh? 3D-Coat Autoretopology will do, no?
    And anyway if you are going tight to the mesh as reference, it's kind of like retopology no?

Cheers, the "junkie"...

Wow, so I looked up what you were talking about and yes, using that would be very helpful! However I don't own a copy of 3d coat so I suppose that won't help me for now. I may have to consider that for the future though, that would make resurfacing dense cad models easier, however... I've never been given a cad model as perfect as the ones they are working on in the video. There is always weirdness, like all triangles, triangles missing, polygons on top of each other, and interpenetrating polygons, etc. Either way though.. wow.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Here's a hammer: use the SELECT 'Nth" feature to lighten up the background reference. If you use "2", wallah, half the density.

(It's dog slow though: have your lunch ready.)

Here's a sample; each layer has half the polygons of the previous layer. You could also try points vs. polys.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

All triangles won't be a problem for 3D coating.

now missing polygons or unwelded points might not be so friendly, but there are ways to fix that easly i guess.

For the interpenetrating polys... I think voxels don't care about that when you merge an object into the scene as long as the polys normals face right.

Anyway Wireframe transparency is something that is very very useful. I have never thought of Backgound wireframe transparency, but that also useful.

Hope to see Core not overlooking that, at least the Foreground, colored wireframe. Cmon... it's 2011..

And if you right click on the hub icon in the taskbar and go to properties then customize color. You can change the BG OGL Mesh to a lighter shade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HubColour.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	94890