Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Critical Computer Issue!! Corrupts all Data on all Hard Drives You Have.

No, I haven't seen blue screen since windows 95 (luckily)
    Senior CG Artist, Optix Digital Pictures
    Demo Reel
    Behance
    Web folio
    LinkedIn

so your machine stays active and working,ok,hangs even ? how do know when it corrupts the files ?

sorry everyone is spitting out ideas and workarounds , but I dont recall anyone asking what exactly happened , baby steps people .

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    so your machine stays active and working,ok,hangs even ? how do know when it corrupts the files ?

sorry everyone is spitting out ideas and workarounds , but I dont recall anyone asking what exactly happened , baby steps people .
    Well all of a sudden I start a LW plugin for example and got the message it can't start.

Then it seems to hang slightly probable due to writing or whatever.

Now, while this seems not to be LW related it looks like it happens while I'm running LW, 9 or 10 or more often Modeler. Although I'm running LW, especially Modeler most of the time during work day.
    Demo Reel
    Behance
    Web folio
    LinkedIn

I gather you have Nvidia graphics card in that beast of a workstation ?

reason I ask it could be linked to latest drivers there is a patch , supposedly its causing data corruption.

but for now , so it hangs , but you can still function , ie shut Lightwave down , navigate in your OS "which will be win7"?

but again how do you know when it corrupts are you searching for these files , or is it soooo obv IE whole directories .

Its Quadro FX3600. But I'm using older Maya signed drivers...

Beast is fairly outdated but quite fast
    Demo Reel
    Behance
    Web folio
    LinkedIn

as for dualboot issue , it sounds very similar he mentions he has 2 cards , but he also mentioned icon corruption which is linked to Nvidia cards which again makes me think the graphics card is calling something from LW which triggers the corruption , but I also think dualboot you need bigger power pack it could be linked to the graphics cards not pulling enough power and the machine tripping .

Im not saying this is the solution or cause , but it sounds fishy and ironic ,which is why you should send bug reports away asap , it could be a function in lw that pushes the drivers to go funky .......then again several other users are running it fine ,compare notes .

posted on May 3rd BTW http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease-Notes.pdf XP I gather there will be win Win7 fix somewhere ?

are you backwards drivers ? Ie not written for win7

as for the comment but it was tested by several hundred users in the core forums , that maybe true , but you can test the same app 1million times and still not pull the same error .
    Last edited by OnlineRender; 05-10-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    as for dualboot issue , it sounds very similar he mentions he has 2 cards , but he also mentioned icon corruption which is linked to Nvidia cards which again make me think the graphics card is calling something from LW which triggers the corruption , but I also think dualboot you need bigger power pack it could be linked to the graphics cards not pulling enough power and the machine tripping .

Im not saying this is the solution or cause , but it sounds fishy and ironic ,which is why you should send bug reports away asap , it could be a function in lw that pushes the drivers to go funky .......then again several other users are running it fine ,compare notes .

posted on May 3rd BTW http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease-Notes.pdf XP I gather there will be win Win7 fix somewhere ?

are you backwards drivers ? Ie not written for win7
    I'm really reluctant to blame hardware as it happened to me on 3 different computers so far, in video cards thats Quadro 3600, Quadro 1700 and nVidia mobile 320.
    Demo Reel
    Behance
    Web folio
    LinkedIn

notice a pattern again all nVidia cards , but only hardware can write ! Lw is not writing its pulling ,so it could be influenced by the cards drivers going WTF !

Same problem on different hardware HAS to be a bug or virus.
    Anything running in the background on all 3 rigs?
    Haven't read the Whole thread & don't really believe it's LW, but are you running the HUB & have you tried without it?
    Shot in the dark, but are you running Itunes? I've heard numerous horror stories about it corrupting Windows.
    Warren Christiansen
    Core i7 3.2Ghz
    12GB Ram
    Windows7 64
    Geoforce GTX285

I'm also thinking virus...

No iTunes...
    Demo Reel
    Behance
    Web folio
    LinkedIn

ha got a ps3

Last edited by OnlineRender; 05-10-2011 at 08:44 AM.

It isn't hardware for me with 99.9% of certainty. I'm running two different configurations, one with nvidia and one with ATi card, one with p5q asus board and one with p5k Asus Board one with XP x64 and one with Windows 7 x64. Both of these machines suffer only when Lightwave 10 is active. Last time it happened Hub was off, so that excludes it from my suspect list. Since I went back to 9.6 completely, no corruptions at all for several days until I finished the project. For me it happens exclusively with Lightwave 10 active.

Whatever this is, it corrupts every file not in use, and when I talked about desktop Icon corruption, it wasn't due to video corruption but due to missing shortcut targets which were destroyed.

If it is a virus/malware it is something that Eset, Kaspersky, F-prot, Avast and AVG do not detect which is a slim chance.
    Last edited by dualboot; 05-11-2011 at 03:00 AM.

edit: -----
    Last edited by akademus; 05-11-2011 at 03:02 AM.
    Demo Reel
    Behance
    Web folio
    LinkedIn

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast