Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SE 2 update

SE 2 update

I just downloaded the latest SE2 update. Now my windows don't stay in the same places where I place them. Every time I launch SE2 the stack on top of each other all on one screen. Is there a way to save work spaces in SE2.

i wonder how many of THESE threads will show up...
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

I wonder when Newtek is going to invest some of the profits from TriCaster into fixing SpeedEdit and releasing a Real update? After all, we did purchase SE2 with a list of promised features and they don't all work. Where is the fix?

OMG! Used SE for years. This is the first time since SE2 update and I can't even delete a file from any bin, it crashes. I wonder what else is going to go wrong. Better have a fix soon otherwise I have to revert back before the update.

CAUTION

txiong, beware that any work you do in SE2.1 is not backward compatible with SE2. I would advise going back to SE2 and staying there till a real update gets released.
    I am amazed that no one at Newtek has said anything about this update or apologized for it not working.

I stated long ago that SE will be ignored because they put all of their resources into Tricaster. Newtek denied they do that but actions speak louder than words.
    Dynamic Video Productions
    Mount Laurel NJ

When a company puts their cash cow in the field to eat the grass, their lawnmower will rust from neglect

SE will be locked in the closet with Aura before we know it. Or maybe it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Deustachio View Post
    Newtek denied they do that but actions speak louder than words.
    I don't know if NewTek denied it, but I know I argued that I thought it might well turn out that TC would eventually turn out to be the driving force for SE development.

I haven't really changed my mind. Watch the Broadcast Minds clip from NAB, and listen to Steve Hellman particularly from 9:20, and perhaps you'll see why I still hope.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I don't know if NewTek denied it, but I know I argued that I thought it might well turn out that TC would eventually turn out to be the driving force for SE development.

I haven't really changed my mind. Watch the Broadcast Minds clip from NAB, and listen to Steve Hellman particularly from 9:20, and perhaps you'll see why I still hope.
    I hope so because if not I will feel like that I was a beta tester for the Tricaster's NLE and if I want an updated SE I might need to buy one, which is not in the budget and I don't do live productions.

Quote Originally Posted by txiong View Post
    I just downloaded the latest SE2 update. Now my windows don't stay in the same places where I place them. Every time I launch SE2 the stack on top of each other all on one screen. Is there a way to save work spaces in SE2.
    Same problem here. very annoying

That's only the most obvious problem.
    I don't think this was supposed to be a public release. Strictly for Beta testers. This version is really messed up.

Latest problem I found is that it doesn't accept 32bit float audio files anymore.

"Eventually" would be nice. But by the time "eventually" arrives some of Newtek's long time customers will have already made the switch and be editing on FCP/Premiere Pro/ or Vegas by that time.

It's a mystery to me how Newtek could develop/market a strong animation program like Lightwave which the film industry embraces and not ever develop/market an equally strong editing program that would be widely embraced as well as being one of their priorities in the marketplace.

Too bad that SE has to play second fiddle to the TC. I never thought I would do it but I'm actively out pricing and comparing specs on Mac Pro systems now. The lack of communication about the future of SE is extremely disappointing
    Last edited by JEFFilm; 04-23-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFilm View Post
    But by the time "eventually" arrives some of Newtek's long time customers will have already made the switch and be editing on FCP/Premiere Pro/ or Vegas by that time.
    Oh, honestly, I think the time of that "eventually" - the one you refer to - arrived for many a couple years back. I'm not in denial here. By this point, for quite a few SE is a handy tool in their toolbox, but just one of several. That doesn't mean it can't still be pretty useful, but I would not encourage anyone who needs something it doesn't offer to stand around with their nose pressed against the glass anxiously waiting.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Oh, honestly, I think the time of that "eventually" - the one you refer to - arrived for many a couple years back. I'm not in denial here. By this point, for quite a few SE is a handy tool in their toolbox, but just one of several. That doesn't mean it can't still be pretty useful, but I would not encourage anyone who needs something it doesn't offer to stand around with their nose pressed against the glass anxiously waiting.
    True - you are probably right. Still it would be nice/helpful if Newtek addresses the issue of SE's future officially once and for all.

I dont see why they dont say anything about the future of SE.
    If there not going to make anymore SE updates and are dropping SE then say so and the rest of us holding on can move on, its not like they will lose anything. and if they are going to update SE, then say so so we have something to look forward to....a little hope for your loyal fans.
    If its free then it wont cost anything, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast