Thread: Arch renderings

Arch renderings

Images for International competition for Russian Orthodox Cultural Center in Paris. Done in LightWave 9.6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOA-board.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	944.2 KB 
ID:	94496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orthodox_Culturel_Center-copy.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	94497  

Rendered in native Lightwave rendered. Here a couple of close ups. Critics are welcome.
    Here is a link to animation done in Lightwave using HV trees. It's seems I need to re compress original animation file in order to reach desirable size of the file and keep quality a little bit better.
    http://youtu.be/14AwbHPGQ3s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orthodox_Culturel_Center-close.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	864.9 KB 
ID:	94498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paris_Cultural_Night_View.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	334.5 KB 
ID:	94499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orthodox_Culturel_Center-close1.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	866.0 KB 
ID:	94500  
    Last edited by antik22; 04-20-2011 at 03:31 AM.

I like it!

The stylised look is nice, not aiming for perfect realism, but for atmosphere and showing off the form. Nice work.

1 crit which is probably only noticable amoungst lightwave users: the texture ont he facade looks like straight crumble or turbulence. Perhaps it could be mixed more, or be a bit more subtle.

What do you use for CAD etc? The link between LW and CAD could always get better, would be great if we could get it linked directly to a low cost CAD package some time soon, or even get more 2D drawing functionality in LWCAD.
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

Thank you, yeah this texture I think it's too pronounced and you're right it's straight crumble). I will definitely will try next time to blend with turbulent noise or something to get less sharper edges.

It's staight LightWave and LWCAD I use.
    I agree that it will be nice to get better import/export functionality in the near future, sometimes I'm in the hassle cleaning up or reworking SketchUp models from scratch because of import problems, so far the best and the cleanest format is 3ds even with all the triangulation think. obj is more suitable for simple models.

I like the most the first image you posted, the composition! Very stylish!
    And I agree with archijam about the crumble, really hits the eye.

Interesting concept. I like it!
    I hope that glassy church will be strong enough to survive centuries ahead.
    ПОЗДРАВ!

Thank you, check out the animation. This work is for second round of competition, that we lost. Some other architects won the competition.
    personally I don't really like it, but it's just my taste.
    here is link: http://www.urukia.com/arch-group-won...petition-paris

Hi antik22
    Nice Native LW Stills.
    Does this render pannel come from the November 2010 competition?
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

Quote Originally Posted by antik22 View Post
    Thank you, check out the animation. This work is for second round of competition, that we lost. Some other architects won the competition.
    personally I don't really like it, but it's just my taste.
    here is link: http://www.urukia.com/arch-group-won...petition-paris
    That is quite a bad design.

The facade that becomes roof looks fine for a sketch, but it has not been formally developed. Looks like a student project to me.

Also the renders do not help, it looks like a model, the scale of the elements and structure seem quite naive.

All IMHO
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

pixym, thank you. This board is for the second round of competition, they choose 10 arch groups as a winners and let us to design with more details paying more attention to French environmental regulations and staff.
    We was presenting it in Paris on march 17 2011.

archijam, I agree with you on the fact thats this is a student design with naive roof and ugly medieval cupolas. I was a little upset on the winning project, because they simply didn't follow competition rules and regalements. There was much nicer projects of French architects. Thats such a shame if they will build this in center of Paris.

okay Antik22, Thanks for the clarification
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

I like it very much, presentation is cool and appealing which is most important for competitions . I just believe there is no way that those big gold domes would shine like that at night time on real object .
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Thank you Lewis, I agree with you. I believe that they will not shine like that , if you put projector lights on them it's can be close, but not so exaggerated . Most cool thing about is glass drums, you can see 'sky' ,backside of the cupola, with lightened saint images at night, even if you are outside on the street, imagine that feeling of 'soaring' cupolas above the Cathedral, that was my goal to deliver very sharp and juicy images for presentation, like you said it's important