Thread: Aura without VT card?

Question Aura without VT card?

Can the Aura software be run without a VT card installed?

Thanks,
    Tim

Yes, if you can find a standalone version of the software that Newtek sold.

Please excuse the newbie questions, but I have never really worked with a VT system (only TriCasters). I now have a VT card with VT[5] 5.3 software.

What do I need to do to use Aura's capabilities to make some simple LiveSets for a TriCaster PRO? I'm not asking how to use the software, merely what I need to install to be able to access Aura and use it for this purpose.

There is a 446MB download (VT 5.3) on my register.newtek.com download page. Will that install what I need, or do I need to install the VT5 software from the DVD-ROM, then install each successive update to get to the 5.3 version?

Do I need to do that at all, or is there a way to install Aura on its own?

Thanks in advance for your help!

You would have to install the VT[5] card and software on a properly configured PC to access the AuraVT program. The AuraVT cannot be installed by itself; it is a component of the whole VT[5] software package.

If you want to use Aura separate from the VT[5] PC system, then you would have to find and purchase a Standalone version of Aura; last version was Aura v2.5. You would still need a separate PC to install and use the Aura standalone version.

Search this forum; there was some recent chat about standalone versions of Aura being available for sale. If you cannot find a copy of Aura, then you might consider Mirage Studio v1.5; it was the replacement for Aura. It can be used as a substitute for Aura in the DVE Creation Process, but with some minor issues.
    Ron Gratreaks
    Silver Fox Media
    Las Vegas, NV
    and soon (Maybe?, Hopefully! )
    [email protected] (Business & Personal)

Mirage is a great program that I use almost every day. Sadly, it's no longer sold or supported having been replaced by TV Paint.

If I install the full VT5.3 software (which apparently includes Aura), will Aura work without the VT card installed?

no

Quote Originally Posted by Tim H. View Post
    If I install the full VT5.3 software (which apparently includes Aura), will Aura work without the VT card installed?
    Actually, I think it might... I pulled the card out of my computer for a while and I can still get into Aura. It complains about the WINRTME on startup, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten into Aura anyway. The card probably has to be there when you install though...

Kris

Kris,

Thanks for pulling the VT card out to test!

If I tried to install without the VT card installed and it didn't work, how clean of an uninstall would it be? Would it leave loads of remnants on my computer (registry info, drivers, etc)?

Is there a way to avoid installing all of the non-Aura parts of the software?

Thanks,
    Tim

Ya know, I'm the last guy to discourage someone from using Aura, but since the discussion in this thread is inching into an area which is technically a breach of the end user agreement, can I politely ask y'all to take it to a private discussion? Thanks.

P.s. - Hi Tim, nice to see you again at NAB.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")