Thread: How do I get the clone number in a node?

How do I get the clone number in a node?

As the title says, I need to get the clone number (1),(2),(3) etc in a node.
    Are there any extra nodes out there that do this?
    Couldn't find any.

There might be more third-party nodes you could use, but one of them is TrueArt's Extended Item Info.

From the documentation:
    Index - Cloned item index. It's 0 if item is not cloned, greater or equal to 1 if it's cloned. 1 is base instance. You usually want to use this together with Extended Spot Info's Item output passed to Extended Item Info's Item input. This way one node setup controls the all instances and they can behave differently depending on which cloned item is rendered!

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Hail TrueArts! They make some cool things!
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Thanks Serge, great find! It does exactly what I need. Its funny I was looking at their site the other day, but I didn't read about the clone index output detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by serge View Post
    There might be more third-party nodes you could use, but one of them is TrueArt's Extended Item Info.

From the documentation:
    Index - Cloned item index. It's 0 if item is not cloned, greater or equal to 1 if it's cloned. 1 is base instance. You usually want to use this together with Extended Spot Info's Item output passed to Extended Item Info's Item input. This way one node setup controls the all instances and they can behave differently depending on which cloned item is rendered!