Thread: Unsupported project format after reinstalling SE2

Unsupported project format after reinstalling SE2

had some issues with a icuin36.dll that came up when runnung SE2.0
    i think it has to do with itunes and needs reinstalled ,, but i didnt know so i reinstalled SE2.0, redownloaded it. installed it, i did make a backup of my project files.. tried to load a project and the UNSUPPORTED PROJECT FORMAT file could not be opened box came up..... whats up with that? is there a way to get them back? i was halfway done with a project and now its gone???? i did have some older projects that could open still..
    If its free then it wont cost anything, right?

proj

sounds like a corupt project file.
    Try to load a recent undo file for that project.
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

I did that and nothing.... had some older projects open cant remember if they were from Se1.5 or not . I had a project i was working on and i copied it to another Harddrive. i reinstalled and tried both project files the copied and the one in the original folder... nothing!!!!!

qt

Have you completely removed QT and Itunes?
    This may be Necessary to se to work.

You can get QT from the Apple website without Itunes.

For what it is worth VT5, Se1.5, and se2 projects all work in SE2.
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

i tried to reinstall i tunes and quicklime it said it had a problem installing the help file and a file called icuin36.dll .... i just uninstalled 2.0 and installed a beta 2.0 and it did come up. tomorrow i will try to render out the parts i have done and see if i can get it fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Draves View Post
    Have you completely removed QT and Itunes?
    This may be Necessary to se to work.

You can get QT from the Apple website without Itunes.

For what it is worth VT5, Se1.5, and se2 projects all work in SE2.
    Pete
    Pete - it appears as though corrupt project files are more common than I thought. I have a VT5 system that has Win XP issues and when I want to render with TMGEnc it crashes every single time unless the timeline is only maybe 20 minutes or less. I save the project onto an external drive and move it over to my laptop and it will open in SE2 but will not render out. Same problem as TMPGEnc on the VT system. I am in the process of reloading Win on the VT machine and will start fresh. Have any work arounds.