Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACVHD in Speed Edit

For long form producers this is a real PITA.
    If it's taking you longer than an hour to watch 60 minutes...you need help

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Fox View Post
    The only way I have seen is DOS COMMANDS to concatenate the sequential long files using + and /b for binary. It IS CLUMSY AND I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO DO THAT.

Amazingly, Adobe MEDIA ENCODER brings it into Premiere CS5 seamlessly. You do not even see the sequential clip numbers and at first think you have lost clips. They are already concatenate somehow. However, there are time I really like to use SE2.0!
    What about converting them to DVCPro ?? I would like to solve this issue before we do our first HD wedding in June

Quote Originally Posted by RayLarson View Post
    Seems no one has an answer to the over 4gb AVHD files in SE2
    I use the Panasonic 150 cameras and have seen the same problem with the 4 gig file size chop. I found a great work around. I have Sony Vegas loaded and they have a Device Export tool that will extract the files off the SD card and put them on the hard drive as one complete file. No dropped frames. I shoot weddings and this works great. I can also extract off the files and reuse the card right away. I do know that Sony has a free utility that will do the same as what is in Vegas. Hope this helps.

If you could find a link to that Sony utility I would appreciate it. I went looking but found nothing. I need to get this figured out soon so I can do our first Hi-Def wedding in June.

download the program called mtsmerger simple.
    I use the Panisonic 150 and it works great. One thing though iv done weddings for years and theres allways a second here and there to push on and off and on the record button... unless you have a Catholic preast that likes to talk, but even then im sure you could find a spot every 20 min or so.
    If its free then it wont cost anything, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RayLarson View Post
    If you could find a link to that Sony utility I would appreciate it. I went looking but found nothing. I need to get this figured out soon so I can do our first Hi-Def wedding in June.
    Check out this website:
    http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/401976

As for me Randall, when I shoot mulitple cameras at a wedding, which is usally 3, when they start, I do not stop until the end of the ceremony. That way, I leave nothing to chance. The above link is to the Sony Content Management utility. But for me, I still like Sony Vegas - hope this helps.

Found a program called MTSMerger that is free and simply a script that merges MTS files seamlessly that are caused by the 4gb limit. Seems to work perfectly to link together those split clips with no issues.

im thinking of buying SONY NEX either FS100 or the 70, will those codecs work with Speededit? anyone got feedback on cameras? thanks

William Bisset

I test drove a Panasonic FS-100 and had no trouble loading 1920x1080 AVCHD clips into SE v.2.0 on my laptop. When the clips studdered a bit, I simply converted them to Speed HQ in SE.

Multimedia Magician
    We have Panasonic AG-HPX500 cameras, and they load great into SE2.0. (They are MXF files, and play back in real time).

Thanks

I think i will get a Panasonic AG-HPX250

We use VT5 (and VT4 when 5 doesn't seem to work well) for our school broadcast. We upgraded computers and software to SE2 in our editing lab. If we can't upgrade to SE2 on the broadcast system, then it seems like we are being forced to purchase a tri-caster... We built our control room around VT1, and have upgraded each time, so I hope that isn't the case.

You can't upgrade in the sense that you won't be able to buy SE2 at a discounted price because you own a VT5. You can however buy SE2 and install it on the VT5 system. That would be much less expensive than buying a Tricaster.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services
    Riding Quiet on an Electric Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by mediakitchen View Post
    Thanks

I think i will get a Panasonic AG-HPX250
    Just wondering if you purchased the HPX250 camera and how SE2 handled the files? I have 2 HPX150 cameras and love the footage. I am now looking at newer HG160 because of the zoom capapbilities and the fact that it has the newer more sensitive sensors for low light capabilities. It seems that I am always fighting the light shooting weddings. I have a workflow that works very well with the AVCHD codecs and am content in that arena.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12