Thread: Aura

Aura

After reading many posts it appears that the program Aura is used the most for making livesets.

We hve a Studio model and need some different sets other than what comes with the machine.

How does one go about getting a copy of Aura?

Tks,
    Jeff

A used VT[5] on ebay is probably your best bet. Standalone Aura is rare.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Jeff, FYI: 2 more possible options in case you cannot find a copy of AURA. And be sure to read the LEGAL NOTICE/DISCLAIMER I have included below.

After NewTek no longer had a license to sell the Stand Alone AURA, Bauhaus Software brought out MIRAGE (last version is Mirage Studio 1.5). Mirage is an enhanced & newer version of Aura. Bauhaus Software also lost their license to further develop and sell MIRAGE.

The parent company that originally developed TVPaint on the Amiga Computer also is the original company that developed ToasterPaint for the Amiga Video Toaster, Aura for the PC Video Toaster and Mirage. This company has further developed their product and sell it in Pro and Standard versions.

You can check out TVP Animation Professional & Standard Editions at:

http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/ar...ucts/index.php

LEGAL NOTICE/DISCLAIMER: As far as I know, neither Mirage or TVP Animation have been certified to work 100% with NewTek's DVE or LiveSet Creation Utilities. Their use with these utilities MAY work or you might run into situations that they don't. I have Mirage Studio 1.5 and have not tried to create either a DVE nor a LiveSet with it yet. So use either of these newer (and renamed) versions of Aura with CAUTION!!!

Availability of any version of Mirage is just as rare as is Aura. However, the TVP Animation Pro and Standard programs are still available from their developer and the programs are still being updated.

Hope this helps!
    Ron Gratreaks
    Silver Fox Media
    Las Vegas, NV
    and soon (Maybe?, Hopefully! )
    [email protected] (Business & Personal)

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkerry211 View Post
    After reading many posts it appears that the program Aura is used the most for making livesets.

We hve a Studio model and need some different sets other than what comes with the machine.

Tks,
    Jeff
    Depends on the set and the model TriCaster. I only use Aura for very simple scoreboard or dualbox sets for the SD TriCaster line these days. That said, I do most of my work in Photoshop and then import into Aura to compile.
    For the XD TriCaster line, I use a Fusion 6, LW and Photoshop CS5 the most.

Take care,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Tks,
    Jeff
    Hey Jeff,

I have a copy of Aura 2.5 with AuraFX that I would be willing to sell. I think the only trick in working with it these days, is finding a system with a parallel port for the paralle port dongle or purchasing a parallel port to USB converter cable for it. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Tim - Data3D

Oh, I have a few copies of Aura for my own use but others may be interested. The USB to parallel converter probably won't work for the dongle. The ones I used only work with printers as they PnP as a printer device. You just need to by a parallel port card (PCI or PCI Express) prepare for sticker shock though.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Just wondering what the cost would be. I am looking for something to modify some on the Adobe Ultra Virtual Sets to be used with Tricaster Studio.

Just wondering what the cost would be. I am looking for something to modify some on the Adobe Ultra Virtual Sets to be used with Tricaster Studio.
    Hi Jeff,

I just sent you a private message, so we can negotiate this off the forums.

Thanks,

Tim - Data3D

Quote Originally Posted by data3d View Post
    Hi Jeff,

I just sent you a private message, so we can negotiate this off the forums.

Thanks,

Tim - Data3D
    Hey Jeff,

Did you get my PM on my Aura 2.5 copy for sale? Just click on the private message link under your sign-in "welcome, jkerry211" message. This should be located in the upper right corner of the discussion forum pages.

Thanks,

Tim - Data3D