Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STAR TREK Invasion teaser

STAR TREK Invasion teaser

Hi everyone. Following a horrible project at work I decided to take some time off and just focus on something purely fun. I have a lot of ST models on the old harddrive and enjoyed making the Tribes animation so I thought I'd give this a go. It's kind of how I imagined a Clone Wars like series for ST being:-) But they'd do it better obviously.

Anyway I hope you enjoy it. The credits I've added at the end are based on info I have so if it's wrong please let me know. Take care and thanks for watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otd-W5omwT0

-Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ST Invasion frames.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	93305  

LightWave Fan Boi
    Blog Entries
    Beee-you-tee-full!

Hey this is cool geek stuff.

must have been some crap day in the office that animation is stunning .

Impressive result!

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Err FECK!
    I can only concur with the others, stunning stuff, truly stunning.
    Too old to die young.

Thanks for the replies. Here are some of the files created for the clip. Very basic but i hope they can be of use.

Star Trek Corridor:
    Basic stereo-typical style. includes two objects, straight and curved. The other series have different looks so I hope this will be a starting point if you want to adapt it.

Phaser:
    Very basic, but its based on the main version seen in TNG.

LCARS:
    This is a scene file and its fully animated. I hope this can be of use to someone. Included are the objects and basic LWS scene file. The video file is the finished version and includes post work, but should give you the general idea.

Thanks again for watching the video and glad you liked it.

-Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phaser.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	93319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ST_Corridor image.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	292.6 KB 
ID:	93320  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fun to watch! Love it!
    r i z a e n d a r t a m a
    www.rizawerx.com

Transform and roll out alesxander's Avatar
    cool, i love it. how did you do the explosions?

good luck

alesxander,
    http://alesxander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Escelce View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Here are some of the files created for the clip. Very basic but i hope they can be of use.

Star Trek Corridor:
    Basic stereo-typical style. includes two objects, straight and curved. The other series have different looks so I hope this will be a starting point if you want to adapt it.

Phaser:
    Very basic, but its based on the main version seen in TNG.

LCARS:
    This is a scene file and its fully animated. I hope this can be of use to someone. Included are the objects and basic LWS scene file. The video file is the finished version and includes post work, but should give you the general idea.

Thanks again for watching the video and glad you liked it.

-Steve
    Thanks for the scene file. The corridor is broken up was this model part of a dynamics shot.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

@Johnmarchant: sorry i forgot to say that the object was used in a dynamics shot for my previous video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDmjXiS5MA

I have since merged the polygons back together so its not a collection of objects but I forgot the seperation lines are still there. Sorry if it looks strange.

Attached is the original saved version. The surfaces aren't setup but can be copied across from the new one. I hope it helps.

-Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Escelce; 03-05-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Escelce View Post
    @Johnmarchant: sorry i forgot to say that the object was used in a dynamics shot for my previous video:

STAR TREK - Tribes Teaser
    I have since merged the polygons back together so its not a collection of objects but I forgot the seperation lines are still there. Sorry if it looks strange.

Attached is the original saved version. The surfaces aren't setup but can be copied across from the new one. I hope it helps.

-Steve
    Thanks Steve, no apology needed mate,nice of you to provide the content, just interested in the dynamics shot, how did it come out, can we see it. Dynamics in LW is something ive always had a problem with, getting the look right, all the endless tweaking.

Regards John
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

@Johnmarchant: The dynamics in LW has always been a bit tricky for me when breaking up scenery and this had a lot of smoke layers applied because I couldnt get some of the sections to break up the way i imagined. I wanted that slowmotion independence day feel of the ship really being beaten up but it was later cut to a very quick shot. Since this was done though ive learned a few new tricks which i think would help. The shot is at the end of the Tribes animation linked below if you want to see it. Welcome for the content and hope you can use it for something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDmjXiS5MA

-Steve

Very nice indeed mate, now there's a good tutorial to be had there for all us Dynamics newbies and wannabes. A breakdown of that video would be something i would buy.

Lots of tutorials on modeling, texturing and rigging et al, but not so many good ones on particles and dynamics in LW.

Well done mate looks great if like you said a little short, ive always found the initial setup ok, its just getting the look you want, the endless tweaking for me did not result in anything substantially different from what i initially setup and yes changing the speed of it was a problem.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast