Thread: pmG's messiah Dare To Share $10 Challenge

I'm in. (pro)
    Warren Christiansen
    Core i7 3.2Ghz
    12GB Ram
    Windows7 64
    Geoforce GTX285

Quote Originally Posted by dclevela View Post
    Guys, I don't really know anything about Messiah but have read many of these posts. Can anyone here tell me why I might want to buy it? What can it do that Lightwave cannot? Or what can it do better?
    You want to buy it so the rest of us can get our license

My reasons:
    Its inexpensive (purchased two - basic / pro - after all the button does read 'buy')
    Looks like you can do character animation better than LW 9.6 plus it may extend the life of that version since I cannot afford LW10 right now - (granted since I have not tried CA dont know for sure).
    It is good imho to have various tools available

Hehe, I topped out at 3 Pro (2 Mac, 1 Win) and 1 Basic (Mac) just to help things along. I'll probably just give the extra licenses to friends, and keep 2 for myself. Seems pretty certain we'll be getting the licenses given the bar graph, but keeping fingers crossed anyway. I've been considering adding Messiah for some time, as I mentioned, so this deal really came at a perfect time for me.

For any Mac folks wondering, as of the latest version I find working using their Crossover environment quite viable and performant (and for any Crossover users wondering, no, it doesn't interfere with existing Crossover installs, it's separate).

Once I get some spare time, I figure I'll dump some money into tutorials, but between the decent documentation and fairly "discoverable" UI, I've not really hit many pain points just exploring and figuring things out on my own. There are plenty of lessons Newtek could take from how Messiah's UI is structured, IMO.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

I used messiah a loooong time ago when I had to do some character animation and I really liked it. I might not get to use it much now since I'm full into arch viz.. but it just feels right to support them with my grain of salt and be a part of this experiment.
    They have my money now =)

okay i'm FULL!

2 pro licences
    2 standard licences
    1 pro licence as a gift (sent the money over to buy it)

(all windows versions btw)
    Last edited by cresshead; 02-11-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

So... are you thinking on anyone in particular to make that gift? Just curious, but you know... there are many of us around here... lol
    It's not impossible, just unlikely.

It's moved again in the last hour or so. At this rate, it could be done tomorrow.

Anyone know what Janet Jackson and the other names mentioned above the progress bar have to do with anything? A riddle of some kind, perhaps...?
    Adam Martin
    my portfolio
    Mac Pro 2x3Ghz Dual-Core Intel | 8 Gb RAM | OS 10.6.8 | ATI Radeon X1900 XT

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    It's moved again in the last hour or so. At this rate, it could be done tomorrow.
    Ya, considering there are some people that may not visit forums like CGSociety until the weekend it could surge tomorrow and be done before the end of the day.

The sooner it's done the sooner we can get our licenses.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueApple View Post
    Anyone know what Janet Jackson and the other names mentioned above the progress bar have to do with anything? A riddle of some kind, perhaps...?
    Those just happen to be names of PMG customers who have the same names as celebrities. They just did it for fun.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Neither ie8 or ff3.6 (two browsers I use) display the marquee tag, so I had no idea what you were talking about.

The HTML source reads:
    New Name Added! We thought it would be interesting for people to see some celebrity names who have purchased. (Not celebrities, but just celebrity names. See if you notice a theme with any of them) - Janet Jackson, James Taylor, Andrew Jackson (back from the grave?), Howard Jones, Michael Scott (from "The Office" ?), Steven Tyler and wow Glen Campbell too (Country pop star). Just something to brighten your day while we wait.

No joke: Two of my developers names are Don Johnson and Danny Boone. Our Director of HR's name is Jeffrey Dahmer. It's too bad he's the director of HR.. because now NO ONE will ever make fun of him.
    Playing guitar is an endless process of running out of fingers.

Newbie Member

32-bit & 64-bit Windows license

Quote Originally Posted by DMarkwick View Post
    Please post here your findings
    Sorry for the delay... been flat out trying to get a project finished - haven't had a chance to check the rest of the thread so sorry if this has already been answered by someone else, but I got the following response from Paula at pmG:

If I have 32-bit Windows at home and 64-bit at work, do I have to choose to lock the dongle to either 32-bit or 64-bit?
    No. It will work with either and both.
    So it's all good

Just tried the demo again, and unfortunately one thing is keeping me from getting a license.

Messiah is just completely dual screen unfriendly. Drop down menus appear on the wrong screen and it seems I am stuck with the timeline at the bottom.

Can I change the layout of the interface somehow? I want my curves on the left screen, and my viewports on the right. Is there an option to re-arrange the default layout?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    Just tried the demo again, and unfortunately one thing is keeping me from getting a license.

Messiah is just completely dual screen unfriendly. Drop down menus appear on the wrong screen and it seems I am stuck with the timeline at the bottom.

Can I change the layout of the interface somehow? I want my curves on the left screen, and my viewports on the right. Is there an option to re-arrange the default layout?
    Sorry. It is what it is.
    Sounds like you won't be one of the lucky ones.

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast