Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
Results 1,471 to 1,482 of 1482

Thread: pmG's messiah Dare To Share $10 Challenge

Here is another early test using procedural animation. Ignore the cappy textures, timing and affected dinosaur - most of this is achieved with overlaying animation on the bulk done by just moving a bone. This means you can focus on the story telling, not fighting to move every limb right every frame.

AE_test_s.7z

3DBob
    Phone me for free on

My user ID is tir-3dbob

These are cool 3dBob. And is his stuff on procedural animation on one of the DVD's you linked to?

Off Setup Tab

Smart Animation

$49 as setup tab member (costs $20) or $0 if you are gold (costs $399).

And

Animate 2

$49 as setup tab member (costs $20) or $0 if you are gold (costs $399).

Both sets are given 5 starts by buyers - and I concur.

My team said the videos were so good, could we get any more like them, and that is when I discovered the other Joe Cosman animation videos.

Basically, for about £150 you can have ST x5 membership and every Joe cosman video off there and LULU if you take advantage of the discounts.

And - unless you were a LW/MAYA/MB/XSI god - you will be the best character animator you have ever been after going through them.

B
    Phone me for free on

My user ID is tir-3dbob

Sounds cool, but all a bit steep for where I am now. Good to know though thanks.

You'll have a good month or so mastering what you have already bought, so no don't fret.

He also explores the non-linear animation editor in those ST videos. It is really powerful. Yes you can do a similar thing with Motion Mixer in Lightwave and I have use MM to good effect in the past to create funky bullet time and switch speed animations in LW before - however the training for LW MM is just not available in the same quality (or I havn't found it) - maybe I should make some!

3DBob
    Phone me for free on

My user ID is tir-3dbob

Quote Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
    (...) however the training for LW MM is just not available in the same quality (or I havn't found it) - maybe I should make some!
    What do you mean by 'maybe'?!

If you can, do it please.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
    You'll have a good month or so mastering what you have already bought, so no don't fret.

He also explores the non-linear animation editor in those ST videos. It is really powerful. Yes you can do a similar thing with Motion Mixer in Lightwave and I have use MM to good effect in the past to create funky bullet time and switch speed animations in LW before - however the training for LW MM is just not available in the same quality (or I havn't found it) - maybe I should make some!

3DBob
    I tried to do a Motion Mixer tutorial - http://www.3dthunder.com/motionmixer.php It's OK for the main part, definitely not the same quality as Joe's messiah vids. But the price is right, free. And it's good enough to get people started. I think messiah does it better.

Rich

I don't Know if someone post this, but they are good Tut covering procedural.and else
    http://www.3dworldmag.com/2011/04/04...messiahstudio/

Hi 3DBob,

Is there a subset of the seven Joe Cosman Messiah videos that you recommend most highly?

Thanks.
    << Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Generation, LightWave, ChronoSculpt, NevronMotion, REDcine-X Pro,
    Nuendo, messiahStudio Pro 5, VT[4] v4.6, SpeedEDIT 2...

@Rich,

That will be useful for many I am sure. Thanks for pointing me to that.

@Gus,

Nice tips post that

@Liber

You can buy the ST ones piecemeal - but it will cost much more...

the ones on LULU are very cheap tbh - get what you can afford. Id start with the Facial animation 1 & 2 as you can just autorig your chars at a push. Pretty sure you'll wanna get the rest as you see your skills balloon.

3DBob
    Phone me for free on

My user ID is tir-3dbob

Great! Thank you so much.
    << Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Generation, LightWave, ChronoSculpt, NevronMotion, REDcine-X Pro,
    Nuendo, messiahStudio Pro 5, VT[4] v4.6, SpeedEDIT 2...

Outstanding information 3DBob! Thanks for sharing it!

Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899