Thread: Tricaster Broadcast stalling/freezes up?

Tricaster Broadcast stalling/freezes up?

I find that the Tricaster tends to hang often while in Media Edit mode. Is there a drive issue I should be aware of?

The CD is probably the least reliable aspect of Edit Media, but you can sometimes run into problems with oddball file types in the Filebin as well. Can you offer any more detail about what sort of things seem to trigger problems in your case?

p.s. - Is Gord Britnell still at Peckham? Say hi for me if he is.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

No I believe Gord is now teaching in another board.
    I should have put money on you getting an answer back so soon. As far as what is happening with my experience using the TriCaster in Edit Media, I would be working away and as I save my project it sometimes takes a long time or it just hangs and i have to do a reboot. By the way we have met awhile back during the Toaster days and Flyer years with the Etobicoke Board of Education.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    By the way we have met awhile back during the Toaster days and Flyer years with the Etobicoke Board of Education.
    I worked for the NYBE back in the early 90's, which is how I knew Gord, way back before I was a dealer. Actually, I used to hold user events in the 'gym' there ... man I'm old.

Anyway, I can't honestly say I'd recommend using EditMedia for long projects. It ought to be reasonably well behaved for shorter stuff. but can be fussy about file types. One thing that can be often be an issue is if you use MP3s for audio very much (apart from NewTek's own captured audio files).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

So Steve, are you suggesting that if one was to convert an MP3 file to a different format (WAV) then Edit Media or even Speed Edit might behave better?

Others have noted that SE (and Edit Media) seems to consistently work well with .wav files. This doesn't mean, of course, that this resolves every issue, but it might be worth a try.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator