Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Need to output seperate Left and Right files for Stereoscopy 3D

  1. #1
    3DMotionPictures Director
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5

    Need to output seperate Left and Right files for Stereoscopy 3D

    How can I render 2 output files, a Left and a Right for S3D

    I am using Field Stereo under the Image Processing window and I have enabled Stereoscopic rendering for the Camera properties.
    I have tried many other things such as apply anaglph filter but the AVI output file that LW renders is just a jittery video.

    Seems like this is advertizied as a great feature of LW and there is no good documentation or tutorials on how to do this.

    I am using LW10

    Please help
    Thanks
    ravi

  2. #2
    Newbie Member Mruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Posts
    33
    If you need just two output files, dont use 'Apply Anaglyph Filter'. Just 'Stereoscopic Rendering', thats all. When you hit F10 with Autosave, LW will save L and R images separatelly.
    And remember that LW is not designed for composing work.

  3. #3
    3DMotionPictures Director
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5

    Question Where is AutoSave with Render?

    I am in Layout, I see F10 to render the Scene but I don't see AutoSave with Render.
    I know in Modeller we have incremental Save for Objects
    In Layout there is incremenatal Save Scene

    The online Help search did not bring up any section for AutoSave for Layout.

    Could you please tell me how to save Left and Right files, what are the exact steps?
    I am using LW10. I bought this program for this purpose and it seems like it can be done and I don't know how?

    I have removed the Anaglph filter I still see jittery output, I am just rendering to an AVI file. I was hoping to this was very simple.

    Thanks for your help

  4. #4
    Newbie Member Mruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Posts
    33
    Go to "Render" tab. Find "Options" and click "Render Globals".
    Then find "Otput" tab in popup window and choose "Save RGB", and choose the place where the files will be written.
    I hope that will solve your problem.
    And remember that for unknown reasons, stereo is not working with "Photoreal Motion Blur". I have no idea why.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW10_RenderGlobals.png 
Views:	440 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	92354  

  5. #5
    3DMotionPictures Director
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Mruk, That did it.
    I got 60 frames = 60 x 2 images of left and right files.
    I was hoping I will just get 2 video files, there are 2 images per frame = 120 files

    Now I will figure out how to convert this into 2 video files in CS5 After Effects.
    I thought LW could just give me 2 video files L and R.

    No problem I will figure it out
    I am farther than where I started.
    Thanks for your help
    ravi

  6. #6
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wolfsburg, Germany
    Posts
    9
    At the Output-Tab of the Rendering Globals you can also choose Movie Files as output-target. Play around with it, there are many options.

    I usually output jpg files (or png if I need an Alpha Channel) and then just import the files as a numbered sequence to After Effects or Final Cut. Should work with any Video editor.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by reddyr View Post
    How can I render 2 output files, a Left and a Right for S3D

    I am using Field Stereo under the Image Processing window and I have enabled Stereoscopic rendering for the Camera properties.
    I have tried many other things such as apply anaglph filter but the AVI output file that LW renders is just a jittery video.

    Seems like this is advertizied as a great feature of LW and there is no good documentation or tutorials on how to do this.

    I am using LW10

    Please help
    Thanks
    ravi
    LightWave10s stereoscopic saving functions are at this time(this has been fogged by several people now I guess), busted. However there is hope.
    1. exrTrader - The latest version of exrTrader by db-w (Mike Wolf) allows for Stereoscopic saving correctly in LightWave
    2. UberCam from Liberty3d.com allows for side by side rendering (www.liberty3d.com) into a single image. There are some draw backs to this (flares and certain things like sasquatch dont work) however there are some unique advantages to this (speed of rendering) and Fusion6's anaglyph tool can automatically take an image of this type and turn it into stereoscopic with two clicks. Our Stereoscopic camera, part of the ubercam package produces what are called "horizontally stacked" images and these are pretty industry standard to deal with.
    3. Wait for the next build of LW10 as I am sure this is going to get fixed.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

    Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mruk View Post
    Go to "Render" tab. Find "Options" and click "Render Globals".
    Then find "Otput" tab in popup window and choose "Save RGB", and choose the place where the files will be written.
    I hope that will solve your problem.
    And remember that for unknown reasons, stereo is not working with "Photoreal Motion Blur". I have no idea why.
    UberCam deals with PRMB with no problems in our Stereoscopic Camera and our Multi-Camera cameras. So if you are having issues on that front and need it right away, I suggest you check it out for those cameras alone, but we have 13 cameras in total in our package and they are very very handy.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

    Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

  9. #9
    http://liberty3d.com/Artists/Plugins...sGuidev1.5.pdf
    Some additional info in there.

    BTW, the shredding problem described at the end of the document can be resolved by baking out camera keys in the graph editor. So thats basically a non-issue now for OverScan camera.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

    Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

  10. #10
    d powerfull Of lightwave abdelkarim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    algeria
    Posts
    758
    yeah u just chose in camera tab Stereoscopic . and u just choose ur file render output (images) because when u used output as movie its format (avi or ex...) u cant do ur composite (because all included in format video). but when u choose ans images (rgb) u can do u composite after render . its very easy and simple . and u have abbility to the left render and right render . u need seperatelly when u choose render output as images RGB in lw output . u have left file and right file seperatelly. that it.

    u dont need to ask anyone in forum i think u can find it with your self its so easy . its just do small test and mybe without radiosity to just see the result and mybe camera zise 25 pour 100 "640 X 480". no antialising ex.. when u done . u can go crazy with your render setup


    Cheers

  11. #11
    d powerfull Of lightwave abdelkarim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    algeria
    Posts
    758
    and if u want to used anaglyph u can use other package like AE ex... NE , FN , but i think its easy with AFFterEffect .

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by abdelkarim View Post
    yeah u just chose in camera tab Stereoscopic . and u just choose ur file render output (images) because when u used output as movie its format (avi or ex...) u cant do ur composite (because all included in format video). but when u choose ans images (rgb) u can do u composite after render . its very easy and simple . and u have abbility to the left render and right render . u need seperatelly when u choose render output as images RGB in lw output . u have left file and right file seperatelly. that it.

    u dont need to ask anyone in forum i think u can find it with your self its so easy . its just do small test and mybe without radiosity to just see the result and mybe camera zise 25 pour 100 "640 X 480". no antialising ex.. when u done . u can go crazy with your render setup


    Cheers
    Doesn't work in LW10 over LWSN. That was part of the point of the discussion.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

    Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •