Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCXD850 RMonitor protocol?

TCXD850 RMonitor protocol?

Can the TCXD850 with Livetext2/Datalink take a real time data (RTD) Daktronics Motorsports interface feed using RMonitor protocol from AMB-it?

I would like to bump this question as I want to know as well.

We are looking at this too.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Hi Guys,

I have been emailing with the developer of Race Monitor; they make the mobile ap for viewing live race stats and results from the MyLaps system.

He tells me that he would need five customers at $100 each to make it worth his time to develop an ap that would pull the data in to a text file formatted appropriately for LiveText.

Would anyone else be interested in that?
    www.avprva.com

Hey Lee,

I cover the speedway in Winnipeg, I would love this. Can we get this done?

That's two. I haven't from the above guys, but I did send them a PM to bump it.
    www.avprva.com

I'm not totally sure we need to pay someone. MyLaps has a built in server, and built in com protocol for Daktronics Allsport.

We have Daktronics Allsport already in Livetext.

I have a MyLaps machine, an allsport, a copy of rmonitor, and several other things in my studio right now. Heavy experimenting tomorrow. I'm totally over my head with this... but that hasn't usually stopped me before.
    www.avprva.com

Someone help me with this.

If the MyLaps computer is using a com port (USB to 232) to feed the Daktronics machine, shouldn't I be able to somehow sniff that com port and turn it in to a network com port, so it can feed the scoreboard AND feed a TCP/iP com port on another computer? Say, using Sena's port bridge software or something.

This is assuming I can't open the MyLaps server directly as a Daktronics source some other way.
    www.avprva.com

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee-AVP View Post
    Someone help me with this.

If the MyLaps computer is using a com port (USB to 232) to feed the Daktronics machine, shouldn't I be able to somehow sniff that com port and turn it in to a network com port, so it can feed the scoreboard AND feed a TCP/iP com port on another computer? Say, using Sena's port bridge software or something.

This is assuming I can't open the MyLaps server directly as a Daktronics source some other way.
    Yep. I have a couple LS100 boxes sitting around the office. Give me a shout if you want borrow one to test with. I have successfully used it to transport rs232 info from an AllSport across a network to my Livetext machine
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

I saw your post about that and I have some too in amp racks. I will play with that. Thanks!
    www.avprva.com

Well, I am at a standstill on this. I have the data available on the com port of the live text computer, and if I watch a port monitor I can see the lead changes and lap times and all.

But it's not in any kind of format that Livetext Datalink can understand. We would either need another datalink profile (hey newtek devs!) or a helper ap to parse the data in to a text file.

So, while I've figured out more than I thought I could, I just don't have programming as a skill any more.

Cin... Cout.. I kind of remember from college. But.. No.
    www.avprva.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-AVP View Post
    Well, I am at a standstill on this. I have the data available on the com port of the live text computer, and if I watch a port monitor I can see the lead changes and lap times and all.

But it's not in any kind of format that Livetext Datalink can understand. We would either need another datalink profile (hey newtek devs!) or a helper ap to parse the data in to a text file.

So, while I've figured out more than I thought I could, I just don't have programming as a skill any more.

Cin... Cout.. I kind of remember from college. But.. No.
    Unfortunately Lee I believe you have ran into the same wall I did a few weeks back when I was trying to connect LiveText to a Daktronics AllSport for Tennis. No tennis profile in LiveText meant we had to do it the old fashion way and manually update it.

It would be outstanding if NT Engineering could right a plugin software that allowed us to look at a RS232 feed and map this to that and that to this. If I had more coding knowledge I would have already been on this too.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams

NewTek Engineering QA VideoEng QA's Avatar
    Hello all. I just wanted to chime in here about DataLink and extending its capabilities. The idea about mapping 'this' piece of data to 'that' stat in LiveText has been discussed before - it would be a great solution. However, the proprietary data streams that come from the many different brands/models of scoreboard controllers, stats machines, and software, makes it really quite difficult to provide a singular interface like this.

One type of solution that some have found is to setup the scoreboard device and/or software to output key/value data to a text or XML file, which DataLink can natively read and we already support this.

Another way to handle this, for those with an interest in customizing a solution, can write a DataLink plugin for receiving data from devices and data streams of pretty much any type. This can be done using our DataLink SDK which is one of the packages that you get when you sign up for the SDK program. If anyone is interested, please send an e-mail to us here.

Thanks,
    JeremyB
    NewTek Engineering QA
    For bug reports, feature requests, or technical inquiries: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEng QA View Post
    Hello all. I just wanted to chime in here about DataLink and extending its capabilities. The idea about mapping 'this' piece of data to 'that' stat in LiveText has been discussed before - it would be a great solution. However, the proprietary data streams that come from the many different brands/models of scoreboard controllers, stats machines, and software, makes it really quite difficult to provide a singular interface like this.

One type of solution that some have found is to setup the scoreboard device and/or software to output key/value data to a text or XML file, which DataLink can natively read and we already support this.

Another way to handle this, for those with an interest in customizing a solution, can write a DataLink plugin for receiving data from devices and data streams of pretty much any type. This can be done using our DataLink SDK which is one of the packages that you get when you sign up for the SDK program. If anyone is interested, please send an e-mail to us here.

Thanks,
    JeremyB
    Thanks for dropping by Jeremy. Come out and play any chance you get.

Just sent you an email about getting the updated SDK info.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams

Hey Lee,

Did you give up on this???

Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast