Thread: Tricaster codec

Newbie Member

Tricaster codec

I have a Tricaster from about 2006 that we use once a year for a live event at our museum. While we've not updated this device, I've been keeping up with our Adobe Premiere and an now using CS5 (64Bit). While I can look at clips created from the Tricaster in Windows Media, I will not come up in Premiere. It looks to have some type of Codec - NT25. Is there a 64bit version of this, or is these some other process that I need to run on the clip to make it visable?

Thanks

There's no 64bit version of the NT25 codec, sorry. You could update the TriCaster software to the current version, which records MPEG2 (there are posts here about Abobe products and TriCaster's MPEG2's), or render the file NT25 file to something more ubiquitous (such as DV) before leaving the TriCaster.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Newbie Member
    Since the clip has already been saved (the event that we had was last month), any suggestions on how to convert it into something that Prem can open? Thanks for the help.

Sure, there are lots of ways. The simplest one to write down, though, is as follows:

1. Click the Edit Media tab on TriCaster's Live Desktop.
    2. Locate the clip in the Media Bin at upper-right, and drag it's icon onto the Storyboard tab below.
    3. Click the Render button in the i/o group at lower-right..
    4. Pick a folder to send the rendered file to using the tools in the upper part of the Render window.
    5. Supply a filename, and select the MicroSoft Windows (AVI) render preset.
    6. Click the Render button (in the Render panel).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Newbie Member
    Thanks Steve - I'll give that a try.