Thread: Is this technique even usable? UV unwrapping with Dynamics?

Question Is this technique even usable? UV unwrapping with Dynamics?

This technique is one that is shown in NewTek's "24 hours of Video Training" but the video doesn't finish up the process. It shows how you can flatten the head really nicely but there is no way (to my knowledge) of using the UV map of the flattened object as the UV map of the original object since they are now different vertices. Here's the link to the video:
    UV unwrapping with Dynamics
    Thanks!

Save it as a morph. then in Modeler select the morph and then create UVs. Its using the old Morph trick to create UVs.

Ok I think I get it now. Didn't seem clear to me in the video but I think you cleared it up for me a bit. Thanks!

yes.As you hear from the master Vaughan itīs possible, with many many steps for this reason itīs impractical but itīs very funny.
    Try Plg uv edit some videos in Erikalst youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/erikalst

It remembers me the uv plugin that work natively with lw edges in the 9.5 beta process that has never been released. i donīt why.

A form of cloth dynamics is used in Headus UVLayout to create UV maps. It's pretty cool to watch in action as it visually and interactively melts your polygons into a perfect distortion-free UV map soup. Mmm-mmm good!

I'm still hoping that some smart person will volunteer to write a UVLayout-to-LW plug-in, like users have for Max, Maya, and XSI. The developer of UVLayout has made all the information for doing so freely available on the website and he's even offered assistance to anybody who wants to write such plug-ins for their 3D package of choice.

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    A form of cloth dynamics is used in Headus UVLayout to create UV maps. It's pretty cool to watch in action as it visually and interactively melts your polygons into a perfect distortion-free UV map soup. Mmm-mmm good!

I'm still hoping that some smart person will volunteer to write a UVLayout-to-LW plug-in, like users have for Max, Maya, and XSI. The developer of UVLayout has made all the information for doing so freely available on the website and he's even offered assistance to anybody who wants to write such plug-ins for their 3D package of choice.

G.
    I LOVE Headus UVLayout! It is fun to use!