Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sports Score Graphics

Sports Score Graphics

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I need to create a scoreboard that I can update during the sporting event. All I want to put in is team names and score for both and period/quarter. I was playing around on the graphics system and did it but not sure how and then it stopped working. Can anyone help or give me a resource to look at?

Example and I would be able to change everything, during the game I would be able to change the score as a team scores:

Texas 22 Utah 23 1st Quarter

Last edited by nevmoor; 01-05-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Steve Croom, creator of:
    The Sound Doctrine Seminar Series
    It's about Sound, NOT Doctrine!

I agree -- go with Kris' ready-to-use package. Well worth the $250, and then some.

Brian

Thanks, I'll contact them.

Here's a link on ustream of what I do.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10745478

(Run the slider up into game action to see the scoreboard.) The title is from the sports pac. I change colors and add mascot logos for teams in the title editor before the game, then load it into the live switcher. It's easy to update the period and score live in the text tab on the switcher and still get into commercial breaks on the fly.

Our games are recorded live (including the commercial breaks) in the truck. When the game is over, the recording is ready for playback on cable and web. No post production. 1 person in the truck (me), 3 cameras plus a ptz camera, 2 announcers and a field reporter.

It gets a little busy being in the truck alone directing and selecting camera shots, juggling dual slow mo replays, the ptz, sponsor graphics, scores, hitting breaks, directing cameras, announcers, monitoring, intercom, ifb and mixing audio..... And I wouldn't have it any other way!

Custom Graphics

I have found that yes the preset scoreboard is pretty awesome, but if you mess around with creating shapes and different textures you can come up with some spectacular looking scoreboards and graphics. These are my graphics that I made for my high schools basketball graphics we do every year. I know they aren't spectacular, but I think they look pretty cool.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115684

how on earth do u run live text and switch all at the same time?!?!?! live text is a job in and of itself!

FCAonLSN, where can I see your graphics?

Quote Originally Posted by FCAonLSN View Post
    I have found that yes the preset scoreboard is pretty awesome, but if you mess around with creating shapes and different textures you can come up with some spectacular looking scoreboards and graphics. These are my graphics that I made for my high schools basketball graphics we do every year. I know they aren't spectacular, but I think they look pretty cool.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115684

here

Here, lol sorry I totally posted the wrong link. Sorry lol.

http://fcaonlsn.myphotoalbum.com/vie...umName=album01

Very Nice

FCAonLSN, I liked what you did and you did that with the basic graphics program that came with the Tricaster or with Live Text?

Talking Both!

Actually you can do it on both! I did it with Live Text but you can make the same shapes and textures just without the cool score and time fields. I highly recommend Live Text cause it allows you to do the score and time and all sorts of cool things. The preset scoreboard is really awesome no doubt but that doesnt mean you cant copy and paste the score and time fields and make your own scoreboard. And btw thank you for the compliments on the scoreboards, they took forever to do! lol

It occurs to me, too, that unless I'm mistaken, the Sports Graphic Packs discussed here include .cg files that could be loaded into LT2.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Steve, do you have to have Live Text to run the Sports Graphic Packs?

The Graphics Pack were prepared prior to the TCXD models appearing. As I recall (someone might want to confirm this), they include SD versions of the graphics as "title templates" ready to use in the Title module of the SD TriCasters, but also .cg files.

The .cg files, assuming I'm correct, can be loaded into either Edit Text on SD TriCasters, or LT standalone. For a TCXD300 or TCXD850, you should be able to use the integrated LT2 to convert them to either (TCXD-style) Title Pages (.cgxml) or for direct use in a standalone LT2 workstation. (Only the latter would provide the benefit of using the DataLink/Time functions in LT2.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Great and you can update them live on the air? I'm looking for the cheapest way of putting up the score during a game, no budget for anything better. I have an SD Tricaster Broadcast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast