Thread: bug or full alpha screen

bug or full alpha screen

Hi,
    I put a rotating bug via a full alpha screen on my work post production. I did read the tutorial (vt4) for motion lower thirds. I need to put a bug and changing CG lower thirds live. Can a motion gif or mov be placed in the CG creater? If I can make the CG with at motion bug I can clone that to each of my board member names and the bug will show. I can make a full screen alpha with my motoion and bug, DSK it, but then I have not figured out how to place the names on top of it.

Is it possible?
    thanks

George

Quote Originally Posted by n9103h View Post
    Can a motion gif or mov be placed in the CG creater?
    No. Any motion graphic will have to be played from a DDR (setting aside the possibility of using iVGA, not likely a great idea) and overlaid using a DSK. (In VT[5], you could use the Overlay channel in a LiveSet for the bug).

I can make a full screen alpha with my motoion and bug, DSK it, but then I have not figured out how to place the names on top of it.
    Just to mention it, the bug anim doesn't have to be created 'full screen'.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

live set bug

if I am understanding, make a live set consisting of just a bug? Interesting, I will work in that direction. What I am trying to do is a full time bug for a live production and DSK for the board member names and agenda items. Is there already a wheel that I am trying to remake?

if I am understanding, make a live set consisting of just a bug? Interesting, I will work in that direction.
    I know i'm getting old, but iirc VT[4] doesn't have LiveSet - does it? (If it does, I definitely need more coffee).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

No, I have VT5, but the tutorial I found in the VT5 area states it is for VT4. (Motion Lower thirds) Lady in bars.... I don't want to go down "the move the T-Bar the correct distance" during a live production. I am not that together... I am on my third cup of coffee and my cup hold about 3 normal cups... smile , Merry Christmas and a good start to a new year.

No, I have VT5, but the tutorial I found in the VT5 area states it is for VT4.
    Oh, well that helps. I have to correct something I wrote earlier, with this in mind, though:

I said "Any motion graphic will have to be played from a DDR", with your request to use a .gif or .mov animation in mind. Text crawls and scrolls created in CG Designer can be played in the CG Player - though this doesn't work for other animations, and won't help with your 'rotating bug' challenge.

Embedding a still graphic bug in a LiveSet is pretty straightforward, but less so for an animated one (MUCH easier in TCXD).

Moving on, you could proceed as follows (more than one way to go here):

1. If memory serves, LiveSets in VT[5] support LiveMatte, but not embedded alpha. Prepare the animated bug with an easily keyable background.
    2. Prepare (or ask someone to prepare) a LiveSet that has the FX source overlayed on the primary Input, with LiveMatte enabled for FX in the compiled set itself.
    3. Put your rotating bug in a DDR, and set Loop to on.
    4. Open input setup for the DDR, and set up Livematte to key out its background.
    5. Assign the 'FX over Input' LiveSet to all cameras.
    6. Choose the DDR as source on the FX row, and start it playing

That's about it. The 'bug' will show up on top of the camera, but beneath your DSK channel. (Not to knock VT, but this would be SO much easier with a TCXD ...)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

All of a sudden I am getting "real Time Media Launcher Failed" trying to switch between a camera or live set.... ANY CLUE????

Could it be related to some less than friendly file in a DDR playlist?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator