Thread: Virtual Set Editor

UK based Live Production

Virtual Set Editor

Hi

I'm trying to find out a little more info on this product. I've seen a screenshot of someone sat in a studio with 3 screens behind saying 2 3 4 so does that mean the VSE production can use 4 inputs ?

Also if that is the case, can I setup my own designs from scatch - I'm looking for a Picture in Picture effect (2 inputs but possibly 3 if I wanted to get really sexy) and also for a 4 way split screen with each input taking up a quarter of the screen with some crosshairs splitting them.

I do intend to use this on the 850 when it arrives.

Thanks Steve (in advance)

Quote Originally Posted by adebats View Post
    I've seen a screenshot of someone sat in a studio with 3 screens behind saying 2 3 4 so does that mean the VSE production can use 4 inputs ?
    No, not really, sorry. All TCXD-class (a.k.a. LiveSet 2) virtual set support two inputs (plus the dedicated individual VI overlay channel). Some sets (like the one that was showed off at NAB2010) use some clever trickery to make it look like there are an endless supply of sources. Typically, they do this by using a single rendered 'montage' clip as one of the source. This source is split up in the LiveSet and assigned to multiple surfaces. This works great to provide an impression of countless background monitors, etc.
    I'm looking for a Picture in Picture effect (2 inputs but possibly 3 if I wanted to get really sexy) and also for a 4 way split screen with each input taking up a quarter of the screen with some crosshairs splitting them.
    You can easily do two or 3 sources without a LiveSet at all, using a single VI and the positioning tools. To get four live sources, you'd have to insert the last one 'above' the VI on Program using one of the primary overlay channels. (In either of these cases, you might use a LiveSet instead of a simpler VI setup just to add other stationary graphics, but in end, the using a LiveSet doesn't result in any more sources being displayed.)

Thanks Steve (in advance)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")