Thread: Broadcast Event 24hr Podcast and Podcast Awards

Broadcast Event 24hr Podcast and Podcast Awards

On December 18th the 5th annual 24hr Podcast, a live streamed event will start 11am EST on the 18th and will run for 24hrs. This is a charity event to raise money for a worthy cause.

During the 24hr event, there will be a variety of new media luminaries and social media experts will discuss the online media space.

At 8pm EST the 6th Annual Podcast Awards will be held in conjunction with the 24hr Podcast. Last years Podcast Awards resulted in over 32,000 people tuning in for the event.

The live stream will be available from 24hrpodcast.com, geeknewscentral.com and a variety of other outlets.

All powered by the Tricaster TCXD850

Todd..

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    Can you specify the worthy cause, Todd?
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

This year we will raising money for "The Coalition to Salute Americas Heroes” (CSAH) generally in years past we have been able to raise $2-3k

http://www.saluteheroes.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lara View Post
    Can you specify the worthy cause, Todd?

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    Very cool. Thanks.
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

NewTek Product Marketing
    You're front and center on NewTek Now, Todd. Best of luck to you this weekend!
    Jason Pruett
    Product Marketing Associate
    NewTek Inc.

Learned a great deal this weekend folks. We went 24hr streaming and during the event we had three drops of the stream, which we think was the fault of ustream.

It seems everytime we had a rush of more people on the stream requiring them to throw on more horsepower the stream coughed.

We hit 800 people on the podcast awards and bam the stream died, took about 7 minutes to get things back up but for a free service you cannot complain.

I was only pushing 512kbps for the full 24 hours and when we have pushed 1k and 720p the stream at least with ustream has been choppy.

We did a 24hr test with a dedicated service at 1kbps and it held like a champ so there is a lot to be said about paying for a commercial service.

Overall the tricaster had no issues. I ran 6 cameras 4 16:9 2 4:3 and a butload of DDR and Stills. Worked like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    You're front and center on NewTek Now, Todd. Best of luck to you this weekend!

Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekNews View Post
    We did a 24hr test with a dedicated service at 1kbps and it held like a champ so there is a lot to be said about paying for a commercial service.

Overall the tricaster had no issues. I ran 6 cameras 4 16:9 2 4:3 and a butload of DDR and Stills. Worked like a champ.
    Very cool. I assume it's a typo, but you meant 1Mbps right?
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.