Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave™ 10 Update Discussion

NewTek - VP Marketing

LightWave™ 10 Update Discussion

The latest information on LightWave 10 posted here: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114586
    Last edited by DColboch; 12-01-2010 at 05:23 PM.

This is going to be a great upgrade. Is the release planned for this month?
    << Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Generation, LightWave, ChronoSculpt, NevronMotion, REDcine-X Pro,
    Nuendo, messiahStudio Pro 5, VT[4] v4.6, SpeedEDIT 2...

Blog Entries
    I hope not. I cant spend money on my self, this month. hehe
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Finally I can use my Space Navigator... with LW.

Yes. Lightwave 10 ships this month, but the upgrade price doesn't go up until sometime in 2011.
    Last edited by dwburman; 12-02-2010 at 12:56 AM.
    [mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!

LightWave CORE will officially begin shipping with LightWave Modeler and Layout in 2011 and will be delivered to LightWave 10 owners at no additional cost.

If you have not yet upgraded to LightWave 10, you can continue to purchase LightWave through our Special Limited Time Offer of US$495 for upgrades and US$895 for full units. This Special Offer includes membership in the LightWave HardCORE community with all of the HardCORE benefits. In 2011, when an updated version of LightWave 10 ships with Modeler, Layout and CORE together, the price will increase to US$695 for upgrades and US$1495 for full units.
    The wording is a bit strange so it's kinda confusing...does it mean?

Will LW Core be an additional release after the LW10 release in 2011, but before the LW11 cycle....will there even be a LW11 cycle???

Wasn't LW Core already shipping with LW10 beta and what everyone was waiting for....is the official gold release????

If you upgrade now, how long will your HardCore membership last, I thought it will be closed to new members and or not have full benefits??

Kuzey

Oh and DColboch...can you get your avatar/information updated to reflect that you work for Newtek

Kuzey

Quote Originally Posted by dwburman View Post
    Yes. Lightwave 10 ships this month, but the upgrade price doesn't go up until sometime in 2011.
    who told you this?
    new web page up www.null.hr

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzey View Post
    The wording is a bit strange so it's kinda confusing...does it mean?

Will LW Core be an additional release after the LW10 release in 2011, but before the LW11 cycle....will there even be a LW11 cycle???

Wasn't LW Core already shipping with LW10 beta and what everyone was waiting for....is the official gold release????

If you upgrade now, how long will your HardCore membership last, I thought it will be closed to new members and or not have full benefits??

Kuzey
    Core will be released sometime next year to anyone who purchased the LW10 upgrade. My guess is that Core will probably be ready later next year rather than sooner.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    Core will be released sometime next year to anyone who purchased the LW10 upgrade. My guess is that Core will probably be ready later next year rather than sooner.
    Thanks Nicolas,

I thought it would have taken longer to get Core1 (the standalone version) out the door. It's still strange, as it mentions Modeler and Layout in that first section I quoted, so it still feels like they are talking about LW10.5 or LW11(with Core) and not Core on it's own.

Kuzey

Wowwwww!! This is brilliant... definitely buying into this!!! Best version of Lightwave ever!!!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Thanks Nicolas,

I thought it would have taken longer to get Core1 (the standalone version) out the door. It's still strange, as it mentions Modeler and Layout in that first section I quoted, so it still feels like they are talking about LW10.5 or LW11(with Core) and not Core on it's own.

Kuzey
    I'm still pretty sure that Core will still be no where close to being a complete pipeline(standalone) in one app and will still need to be used together with LW10. I didn't mean to make it sound like it will be a stand alone program that won't need modeler and layout.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mav3rick View Post
    who told you this?
    The 2nd to last paragraph says Layout and Modeler (with access to the pre-release version of Core) are shipping Q4 2010. Since this is the last month of Q4 2010, Lightwave 10 is shipping this month.

The last paragraph of the announcement gives the pricing info.
    Last edited by dwburman; 12-02-2010 at 09:00 AM.
    [mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I'm still pretty sure that Core will still be no where close to being a complete pipeline(standalone) in one app and will still need to be used together with LW10. I didn't mean to make it sound like it will be a stand alone program that won't need modeler and layout.
    No problem...it's just the wording of the whole section I quoted that doesn't make sense

LW10 with Core, released this last quarter and LW Core (with LW10 or higher) released next year and free by the sounds of it.

Kuzey

No problem...it's just the wording of the whole section I quoted that doesn't make sense

LW10 with Core, released this last quarter and LW Core (with LW10 or higher) released next year and free by the sounds of it.

Kuzey
    Yes CORE will be included with your purchase of LW10 regardless of when you buy it, but only people who buy a hardcore membership (before 10 is released) will receive any kind of updates to 10. Bug fixes will continue to be free to all.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast