Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OCR for non-Daktronics Interfaced Scoreboards

[QUOTE=akscooter;1123581]I'm trying to push to get this for next season. Especially if it can be confined to a laptop.[/QUOT]

Jon, Score OCR will run on a laptop. The only difference is that you cannot use HD-SDI cameras for your clock and/or scoreboard. You will have to use SD cameras for that purpose -- hey, they're cheaper anyway!

This doesn't mean you can't be running an HD instance of LiveText to output HD graphics to your TriCaster. You will just be using an SD camera for OCR purposes but the graphics that are sent to your TriCaster can still be HD. Make sense?

Feel free to give me a call at 309-740-0831 or email brian [AT] schefftech.com for more details. We're using the system for all of our own productions for several different clients -- but we're also now a representative for Score OCR and can sell and integrate these systems since we're so familiar with them.

Brian
    ScheffTech Productions, LLC
    -- Brian Scheffler
    -- ScheffTech Productions, LLC
    -- ScheffTech.com
    -- Peoria, Illinois
    -- (309) 524-5865

Pardon the cell phone picture, but here is Score OCR in use on the Illinois State HS Basketball finals. We're live on ESPN3 today and tomorrow.

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110318_204613.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	93774  
    -- Brian Scheffler
    -- ScheffTech.com
    -- Peoria, Illinois
    -- (309) 524-5865

Quote Originally Posted by brians0105 View Post
    Pardon the cell phone picture, but here is Score OCR in use on the Illinois State HS Basketball finals. We're live on ESPN3 today and tomorrow.

Brian
    Here is a screen grab of another game from the same truck/series using Score OCR on ESPN 3

http://www.picvalley.net/v.php?p=u/2...64D4x53ct9.PNG
    Last edited by GraphicsOutfit; 03-18-2011 at 09:56 PM.

FYI,

We will be live on ESPN3 .com today at roughly 2:15 and 7:45pm Central. We will be live on IHSA.tv at noon and 6:30.

Score OCR is being used for all of these broadcasts. A scoreboard data feed is available at this arena, but the Daktronics technician was unable to get the serial data feed to output the data correctly (it's a new scoreboard). Therefore we're using Score OCR and it has been flawless so far!

Brian
    -- Brian Scheffler
    -- ScheffTech.com
    -- Peoria, Illinois
    -- (309) 524-5865

We just finished our Android "Honeycomb" App for the XOOM tablet. This video displays what can be done with ScoreOCR and an internet connection.

In the video you will see "real-time" timing and scoring variables being OCR'ed from the computer monitor where we are "emulating" a score board in our lab. We are OCRing the variables and then sending them to SQL. Our XOOM Honeycomb App is then pulling the real time data over the Verizon network and displaying it on a Handheld XOOM.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18919663/AndroidScoreOCR.m4v

So you can OCR the Scoreboard and update LiveText with the data variables, and also send them to SQL for real-time playback on a variety of Smartphones and Tablet devices.

Thanks for everyone stopping by at NAB

Just wanted to say thanks for all the nice folks at Newtek and the Tricaster users that stopped by our booth at NAB. It was nice to meet Steve, Brian, and a few of the other Forum regulars.

Best Regards,
    Rich

It was nice meeting you too, Rich. We love using ScoreOCR and can't wait to see what else you have in the works for us to play with ... I mean use on our productions!

Brian
    -- Brian Scheffler
    -- ScheffTech.com
    -- Peoria, Illinois
    -- (309) 524-5865

Quote Originally Posted by PIZAZZ View Post
    Sounds really great. Can't wait to test it out. Many of our clients could use something like this. I look forward to speaking with you more about this.
    Jeff:

Just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to finally meet you the other evening in Atlanta at the Newtek Roadshow. Enjoy the rest of your tour.

Best Regards,
    Rich Foley
    Graphics Outfitters

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by GraphicsOutfit View Post
    Jeff:

Just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to finally meet you the other evening in Atlanta at the Newtek Roadshow. Enjoy the rest of your tour.

Best Regards,
    Rich Foley
    Graphics Outfitters
    Same here Rich. enjoyed our visit.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Hi guys, this lead seems to have gone cold. Any update on the Score OCR? I have my chequebook open ready to go... where can I buy it? Anyone know a release date? Thanks
    Harry Miller
    Spectrum TV Video Productions
    Perth, Western Australia
    www.spectrumtv.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by spectrumtv View Post
    Hi guys, this lead seems to have gone cold. Any update on the Score OCR? I have my chequebook open ready to go... where can I buy it? Anyone know a release date? Thanks
    Hi Harry,
    ScoreOCR has been released and is now available. Feel free to give me a call or email (check my signature). Or if you have any questions about how it works and integrates with the TriCaster, just let me know. We would be happy to set you up with one and provide support as you begin to use it.

Brian
    -- Brian Scheffler
    -- ScheffTech.com
    -- Peoria, Illinois
    -- (309) 524-5865

I lost sight of this thread, but the idea is awesome, and it appears to have matured into a real world product. I understand it is for sale? Are there reps in Europe?

Just to make sure: bringing it into LiveText to achieve 1/10th of a second accuracy is done how? Writing a text file which is scanned very fast by LiveText, or by using the LiveText Daktronics interface?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jandw View Post
    I lost sight of this thread, but the idea is awesome, and it appears to have matured into a real world product. I understand it is for sale? Are there reps in Europe?

Just to make sure: bringing it into LiveText to achieve 1/10th of a second accuracy is done how? Writing a text file which is scanned very fast by LiveText, or by using the LiveText Daktronics interface?

Thanks!
    jandw,

ScoreOCR is definitely a functioning real world product right now and it is definitely for sale. I do not believe Graphics Outfitters has any reps located in Europe, but Rich checks these forums every now and then.

Feel free to email me at brian [AT] schefftech.com because we have been working with Graphics Outfitters to get this product out there for TriCaster / LiveText2 users. I can help you further if you're interested.

As far as 1/10s of seconds, yes, you will achieve that accuracy within LiveText2. The ScoreOCR program will monitor your clock camera for any changes, even tenths of seconds. It then writes a text (.txt) file that is read instantly by LiveText2.

I hope this helps. And feel free to email me with questions or if you need more info.

Brian
    -- Brian Scheffler
    -- ScheffTech.com
    -- Peoria, Illinois
    -- (309) 524-5865

Quote Originally Posted by jandw View Post

Thanks!

Yes, no problem on 1/10th of a second Score OCR accuracy into Live Text.

Here is an example on YouTube. No direct scoreboard interface on this video. Just using ScoreOCR to derive the "Data Feed" into Live Text. As you can see, very low latency from detection to render using Tricaster.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EnD7EAAPoo

Rich
    Graphics Outfitters
    http://www.graphicsoutfitters.com

Quote Originally Posted by brians0105 View Post
    It was nice meeting you too, Rich. We love using ScoreOCR and can't wait to see what else you have in the works for us to play with ... I mean use on our productions!

Brian
    A quick update on a upcoming update to the ScoreOCR suite of products.

The next version of the accompanying ScoreBridge application will include a "scripting engine". This will allow LiveText users to build scripts to trigger events in Live Text based on timing and scoring variables.

For instance, in Basketball, some people only want the shot clock to appear in a graphic sequence when "shot clock" has reached a predefined variable. Like 10 seconds or less, then want it to be covered up when it exceeds 10 seconds automatically.

Likewise when the Shot Clock is turned off at the end of the quarter when Game Clock < Shot Clock will allow the Shot Clock to be hidden in your graphic look without operator intervention.

The scripting engine will use simple Visual Basic, C# IF THEN types of scripts, and will have sample scripts you can modify.

Rich
    Last edited by GraphicsOutfit; 09-28-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast