Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VUE 9 Sidegrade

VUE 9 Sidegrade

Greetings,

I don't know how many are still VUE'ing, but much to my joy I received a notice that e-on's VUE 9 Complete was available as a side grade to Infinite 6.

$99. So far in my quick explore of the package, it rocks! The price, very nice.

Maybe you all already knew, but if not....

Kevin
    There is something far greater.

Blog Entries
    so sorry but that's more like a downgrade. i rather just keep infinite 6.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

How so?

What am I missing?

@ kevinL: you mean you can upgrade from Vue6 to Vue9 esprit for 99$? Sounds interesting, maybe I can also upgrade from Vue5. But otherwise Vue9 Esprit only costs 199$. Has Eon reduced the price for Vue in general? Is there much important missing in the Esprit version?

Unfortunately its only from vue 6 up. The last time it was possible to upgrade from 5 was a few months ago for 399 I think. I was thinking about it and missed the last chance for vue 5 upgrade and now I regret not upgrading.

Yeah I found the email from them well after the upgrade deal passed by.
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...

Nope, not Esprit...

VUE 9 Complete... has all the modules! What appears to be missing is unlimited rez renders (only goes up to to 1920 width, which is fine with me) and not sure about the LW integration (but I've almost always used it as my environment creation and then composited LW elements or vice/versa)

So far I'm liking it.

Kevin L

I'm going to do the "Vue6I-to-9Complete" side-grade myself.

All the feature enhancements from the last 3 versions more than makes up for what you loose with just sticking with 6I...which has tons of issues.

Plus...this will most likely be the last version you can upgrade "6" to anything, at a decent price.

Craptose Intolerant UltraViolet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinL View Post
    VUE 9 Complete... has all the modules! What appears to be missing is unlimited rez renders (only goes up to to 1920 width, which is fine with me) and not sure about the LW integration (but I've almost always used it as my environment creation and then composited LW elements or vice/versa)

So far I'm liking it.

Kevin L
    Render size limitation, just to make it more clear here, is for animations only. Stills can be rendered in any resolution ...

I have 6, so this deal is a very good one IMO
    These moments, as beautiful as they are, are evil when they're gone...

Hmmm I didn't get any email regarding a sidegrade. For $99 I'd probably do it. I checked their web site and I don't see a 6i to 9 complete listed.

Edit: Never mind found it.
    Last edited by Lito; 11-27-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Interesting, I also missed the offer because I didnt read the email but apparently the offer is good until the end of the year.

Where exactly is a table that explains the differences between Vue6Infinite to Vue9Complete. This looks like a great opportunity to get new features.

Also, I noticed the following note in their site:
    There is no upgrade path from Complete to Infinite. If you own Vue 8 or Vue 9 Complete and wish to switch to Infinite, you can return your copy of Complete and we will credit you respectively $200 or $400 towards your purchase of a full license of Infinite.

No telling how long they will offer that for.

There are a couple of features I'd like to have that are in Infinite but I don't use the software enough to justify an extra $595.

Feature differences:
    http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products...209%20Complete

I'd like to know the difference between Complete and Infinite too.

I own a copy of Infinite at home because I needed it to learn how to use xStream at work. It's a fantastic program, but I don't understand why e-on sent me an offer to sidegrade from Infinite to Complete. I would think this would be a 'downgrade'. Puzzling.

Anyway, one important difference I think exists between Complete and Infinite/xStream is the ability to exchange/synchronize camera motions between Vue and Lightwave. I'm not 100% sure about this though as I've never used Complete. (Anybody please correct me if I'm wrong; I don't want to spread misinformation.)

G.

Edit: Thanks Lito! I just read your post above and it answered my questions. Anybody who wants to know the differences between any versions of Vue should go to that page; it's very informative.

Yes, thank you, you have all clarified my post

They did not have a convenient side by side table, you have to dig through the features list.

I would have missed the sync capability, but I just use syntheyes to treat the footage like any I'm extracting camera/motion from. Animations: the 1920 limit is not a huge loss for my work.

The 64 bit, render optimizations and functionality all made it worthwhile for me at the price.

Happy Synthesizing,
    Kevin L

So am I right in thinking that I can sidegrade from 6 Xtreme to 9 Complete, and I'll lose the option to call up Vue from within LW (I never used that in the end as it rendered so slow!), and I can't animate above a crazy large resolution?

Dunk
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast