Thread: Capturing

Capturing

I would like SpeedEdit to capture from the USB interface. My last couple of cameras have been USB not firewire. It seems SpeedEdit focuses on tape based systems perhaps because of its Video Toaster heritage.

In ancient times on my Amiga 4000 I could use Arexx to link different programs. I would like to be able to do something similar with my Canon 7d capture program linked to SpeedEdit.

Could SpeedEdit be expanded on the video captue front to include different inputs (such as DSLR video)?

I find SpeedEdit is the best video editor for workflow but it needs to improve in some areas (such as capture and audio) or risk being too dated for many users.

USB works better for file transfer and not so good for real time media streaming as firewire. It's common practice to move files from the camera to computer, via USB, or plug the camera card into a USB adapter at your computer.

Hello donx

Yes I agree with everything you said.
    However I can monitor my Canon 7d with Canon software in real time using usb2 so capture is possible. Live keying would be a nice option.

It may be more relevant with usb3.

Las Vegas Toaster
    normally the quaility level is really low via USB. I have not used the 7d but I would bet it is a low res video like a webcam.

get an add on input card from someone like Blackmagic and use that.
    Brett Beanan