Thread: Softbox lighting

Old Timer

Softbox lighting

I'm in need of some better lighting for my greenscreen and I need some input on either halogen vs fluroscent lighting. My subjects are mostly talking head(s) sitting or standing. I know about the heat vs. the cool and prefer the cool. Does the cool lights preform satisfactorly or do they lack the horsepower to light up a subject? Thanks for your input.
    Lee
    Regards, Lee
    Wanna Be

LightWave Fan Boi
    Blog Entries
    You're better off just investing in a ReflecMedia set-up. It's much more versatile and has many less limitations and many more advantages than a normal greenscreen setup. It's also much more energy efficient so will save you money.

For talking heads, if I was starting from scratch, I'd likely go full on Kino Flo. Power, temp and well known and accepted brand name.
    http://www.kinoflo.com/index.htm

There are many cheaper options, and some of them are pretty decent. But beware, some of them are "cheaper" meaning they don't perform well and won't last.

We have more lighting units that we don't use than units we use regularly. So I don't have a need to move to these. But I spend a lot of time looking at them every year at NAB. It's been interesting watching these evolve over the years.
    Best of luck!
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee U View Post
    I'm in need of some better lighting for my greenscreen and I need some input on either halogen vs fluroscent lighting.
    Lee,
    Take a few minutes to read NewTek's paper on green screen production.
    I think this will help you get answers to your questions.
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!