Thread: Bye Bye DVD Workshop

Bye Bye DVD Workshop

Just got a new system using Windows 7 and can no longer use DVD Workshop 2.
    Those of you in a similar situation...what are you now using as your DVD authoring program.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Kirby View Post
    Just got a new system using Windows 7 and can no longer use DVD Workshop 2.
    Those of you in a similar situation...what are you now using as your DVD authoring program.

Ron
    'Haven't tried Adobe Encore, but that may well be my choice when I go over to Windows 7.

I've had a bit of experience with Sony DVD Architect (part of the Sony Vegas Pro package), but I didn't really enjoy the experience back when I did, circa Vegas 7).

Q1

Just Tryin' To Help...
    I have a Toshiba laptop with Widows 7 and DVD Workshop 2 SE that's bundled with SpeedEDIT works fine (except for no audio output - audio is there but haven't figured out why I can't hear it). I've got the full version of Workshop 2, but haven't tried installing that.
    SB Enterprises, Quincy, Illinois ~ in the backwoods of the US of A

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Encore and DVD Lab Pro seem to be the two most common pro apps mentioned here I believe.

I use Lab Pro when I need intense customization of menus, and actually Nero Vision of all things when I just need a quickie.
    Last edited by Jim_C; 11-12-2010 at 07:35 AM.

I have used DVD Workshop 2 on my VT5 workstation (XP Pro) and laptop (Win 7 64 bit) and with one exception, the program works well on both. The exception is I can't hear the audio on the Win 7 laptop (the sound is, however, present on the burned DVD). I have been very happy with the program on both workstations.

I am, however, thinking of upgrading to another authoring program after I make the switch to HD and blu-ray this coming spring. I've heard good things about DVD Lab Pro, but learned it doesn't allow for HD authoring. The manufacturer's recent e-mail to me confirmed this and only said "we are thinking about this." No indication of when so not much to go on here.

With that in mind, what other HD authoring programs are people using for HD authoring?

Quote Originally Posted by dweinkauf View Post
    ...With that in mind, what other HD authoring programs are people using for HD authoring?

Q1

We moved to Adobe Encore a couple years back and have been very happy with it.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's