Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Lightworks - FINALLY here 29th nov

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That worked, thanks.

One thing I don't like so far, is that it places MATERIAL and SOUND folders on the top level of every hard drive you have in your system.
    Really can't understand why any software developer would think that was acceptable.

@Liber777: I'll try the workaround; thanks.
    uh wha?

Uninstalled it, not sure I like it.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That worked, thanks.

One thing I don't like so far, is that it places MATERIAL and SOUND folders on the top level of every hard drive you have in your system.
    That's strange. Most applications ask you where you want to put asset folder sets or wait till you hit a browser button.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Skonk View Post
    Really can't understand why any software developer would think that was acceptable.

@Liber777: I'll try the workaround; thanks.
    One of the odd holdovers from this thing's history as a turnkey solution I think.
    << Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Generation, LightWave, ChronoSculpt, NevronMotion, REDcine-X Pro,
    Nuendo, messiahStudio Pro 5, VT[4] v4.6, SpeedEDIT 2...

I don't see them on my C: drive but I do on the others. That's not cool, I wonder if you can just delete them.

Maybe I'm just clueless or something... I don't see a time line or output monitor.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Blog Entries
    i have it running but i cant close it. i mean i guess i could do a force close but then how do i save
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Yeah the first time I tried to close it it wouldn't work either and I had to force it. But the second time it closed fine.
    ~~Phil Nolan

isn't there a mac version of the download? I'm getting an .exe file.
    Graphic Designer & 3D Textures
    -Mac Pro 2.26GHz | 8-core | 3TB HD | 12GB RAM | Dell Ultrasharp 2707 | ATI Radeon HD 5770

Quote Originally Posted by Liber777 View Post
    Workaround: find the ntcardvt.exe file in the program folder and double-click on it to launch Lightworks.
    Thanks for the tip, it worked [running Win XP x64]!
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualcomposer View Post
    isn't there a mac version of the download? I'm getting an .exe file.
    I believe mac and linux versions are due to come out later in 2011.
    ~~Phil Nolan

well that sucks. I thought for sure I was going to be able to mess around with it tonight. Oh well.
    Graphic Designer & 3D Textures
    -Mac Pro 2.26GHz | 8-core | 3TB HD | 12GB RAM | Dell Ultrasharp 2707 | ATI Radeon HD 5770

Apparently it saves when you "X" out of the program. No mention of closing in the PDF that I found.

Yeah sorry to say I just found in this article they say in bold "We are looking to port it to Linux and OSX, but this won’t happen until late 2011."

http://blog.openite.com/post/1529722...at-november-29
    ~~Phil Nolan

It seems to run fine on my system so far (only one crash after a couple of hours of playing) - and after that crash, start it up again, open the project, and it's exactly how you left it. Convenient. After adding the first project the regular shortcut works fine - I guess they never tried booting Lightworks without any existing project, and when it does not find one, it exits. I am still trying to get my head wrapped around the conceptual approach of editing in Lightworks - very different from other NLEs I have used before. But it looks very flexible, and I am getting the hang of it.

The more I dig, the more I find. The effects look nice, as does the node editor and keyframing/curves. It's rather impressive for a 15mb download. After the beta things can only improve. I should try the boris/afterfx/premiere plugin support.

Some people are complaining about Lightworks on the Editshare forum, but they seem to have expected a simple editor that runs on their itty bitty laptops - it's definitely NOT a simple NLE, but geared towards very complex and large productions. The manual is lacking, and some basic start-up tutorials are really needed - though I have a feeling the community will provide these before long.

On my dual screen setup Lightworks seems to want to use the second screen as a full screen preview monitor (second video card), but for some reason I have not quite been able to control that behaviour yet. When it works, it's very impressive, though.

i have it running but i cant close it. i mean i guess i could do a force close but then how do i save
    Every step is saved automatically. Even the state of the desktop, the rooms, etcetera. There is NO save option, because it does not need that. The fingerprint icon opens the preferences, and you can show the title bar, and close it. Another way is the shortcut key, which I have not found yet ;-)

Downloaded it and run it and Boom! Won't even run using the work around by launching directly from the program directory. I was so looking forward to trying it out. You expect bugs in a Beta release, but at least expect it to start. I was hoping for a good alterntive video editor to Avid or Adobe CS5.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast