Thread: 9.6.1 for PC or Mac only?

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar

9.6.1 for PC or Mac only?

A friend spoke to someone at Newtek Europe today regarding 9.6.1 and whether it will support more than 16 render threads. He was told that 9.6.1 will be for Mac users only and he would need to upgrade to LW10.

What's the deal?

As I see it, the main reason for 9.6.1 is to get the Mac version up to par with the PC version...with all that 64bit and Cocoa goodness.

However, both the Mac & PC versions are getting bug fixes. The only difference, the port to Cocoa....which makes it a bigger job on the Mac side.

Not sure about the need to upgrade to 10, unless the 16+ render threads is only specific to LW10/Core??

Kuzey

the actual OB of 9.6.1 is limited to 64 threads. (should be enough for most users )
    Otherwise, I agree with Kuzey: most work had to be done for the Mac cocoa/64x port, but I would expect both a PC and the Mac build of 9.6.1.

Do you know when 9.6.1 will be ready?
    My 9.6.1 reg key has expired, what have i to do to renew it?
    Thanks.

latest info from Chuck (from September 23rd !!!) was a release date together with or even a bit later than official release of LightWave 10.
    This would be the end of 2010 or beginning of 2011.

For the key:
    Usually, the new keys are posted in ones NewTek Register account's "My Products" page. (I had a look, and I find only the old BetaPhase 6 key, so I guess we should post a request for updated keys in the OB forum)