Thread: Ustream question- when to stop stream/record?

Ustream question- when to stop stream/record?

I searched the Ustream forums and could not find an answer.

O a long stream/record to Ustream like our football games, there develops, by the end of the broadcast, a couple minute or more delay build up from between our stream output and Ustream's delivery.

Can I end the stream when my program ends? I assume so but I have been hesitant to do it if it will cause Ustream to stop streaming the rest of the program.

On another issue, I streamed and recorded to Ustream a game last night and the recorded video broke into a whole bunch of 8-10minute clips. The next program I streamed recorded fine.

Thanks for any tips,
    Greg

I'll answer my own question.

I recorded the game to Ustream and stopped the recording when the FME stream was done. Ustream was 3 minutes behind but the recording was all there.

Code Jockey
    from the little I've played with UStream (trialing it now) I've noticed that if your computer that is running the admin console (where you press record) looses it's conection or the page gets refreshed that it causes the recording to stop and a new one will be started when it is reconnected. I haven't had a chance to play with this a lot but it might help explain your broken show issue.
    Duane Newman
    FrogPond Technologies, Inc.
    www.frogpondtech.com