Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is SpeedEdit dead?

Toaster Oven

Is SpeedEdit dead?

Seems to be very little discussions anymore, virtually no news or posts by Newtek staff and worst of all (as far as I can tell), no updates since the V2 release despite several issues reported.

I use it every day. If it's dead, it hasn't told me.
    However, there are some flaws that would hopefully get fixed in a bug fix release.
    Saving often is my own fix for the times the program locks up on complicated stuff.

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by wvp View Post
    Seems to be very little discussions anymore, virtually no news or posts by Newtek staff and worst of all (as far as I can tell), no updates since the V2 release despite several issues reported.
    I've gotten the same feeling but man I hope not.

I had to switch to Premiere for about 10 months and just got back to SE a couple of months ago or so. Although Premiere is super powerful in many many ways and works with more files natively than SE, I felt like the GUI, interface and editing style were always fighting me.
    Was sooo nice being able to get back to the simplicity of just creating.. bang bang bang done.

It's not loved. Yet, Highly so.
    As is the path it has taken.

I was (will be doing) some text animation in SE. Boy is it fun. And amazing! But my emotional "Arghhh" with the first two lines of this thread drive me to derision.

I want to teach it. You know, buy multiple seats for my school and teach it to 7 classes a day... But, I tell ya: it never feels like it will get the love/effort/resources it needs to be called done.

I used it. But I use shave and a haircut, too, in lw. hahahhahhaa Doesn't mean it's the best of resources.

SE buyers have become Beta testers for the edit app in teh almighty TC...

?

Donx.. looks like it's you and me buddy.

Just Tryin' To Help...
    Count my wife and I in the group Jim! Team editing another of her cosmetology videos ... again ... for good or bad, and it's mostly Good!
    SB Enterprises, Quincy, Illinois ~ in the backwoods of the US of A

Hi Scott! :wave:

Been a while.

I've gone awol. I wont return until I get 64 bit and native Multicam. I dont have high hopes about that happening anytime soon.

Chen's Multi-cam works well for me.

Not resident to SE and I am not into purchasing third party software for something like this which comes with Premiere CS5 and Vegas 9 (which I have).

I´ll switch to Vegas pro 10 soon.

We Make Effective FX! DiscreetFX's Avatar
    We are not sure if SE is dead but our sales for it certainly are. Sales as a SE 3rd party vendor seem like a questionable continued venture at this point. We are being forced to look at other options.
    DiscreetFX Team
    http://www.discreetfx.com
    Making Your Digital Films More Effective!
    DVE's & LiveSets for VT[5], TriCasters & SpeedEDIT 2.

SpeedEDIT is still the editing tool we use on a daily basis. We continually impress clients and even our competition on how quickly we can knock out productions.
    I do hope to see improvements coming to SE. But it's still working for all the types of productions we do. We're keeping it as our main Go-To production tool.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Nerwtek are certainly doing a lot of media exposure for the tricaster. SpeedEdit can only benefit from widening the user base. Maybe if they mentioned SE in their promotion campaign.
    It sure would be good to get a bug fix release someday, because this software is potentially a very good tool for editing, however some of the key features don't always work perfectly.
    ie. Titles, BlackMagic integration, and a few wandering phantoms.... that could be in my system.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast