Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destroyer

Looking better.
    I notice you have made the comand deck or whatever your ship calls it. battle bridge?
    anyways there is nothing wrong with that im just saying that if you do that i think that you should aslo make a AT LEAST a door so that people think that the ship is more then just a battle bridge with guns even war ships that dont stay inspace long then i day will have a door that will lead to things like the engines as to fix them.

I also thing it would be realy cool if you make the whole or most of the inside of the ship if you want it to be one of the stars in a short that you are going to make.

I dont like some of the weapon placement and size but i think that that is my taste (like almost everthing i say here is)

Are you know to lightwave.
    If so that would be cool cus i am aslo new

I would add a very very small amount of blue tubulance to the back ground as to make it look more sci fi like.

Aslo i know that alot of people are saying that there will only be one light sorce unless theere is a planet but i must say that there is also ...other stars so i would have it lower in deper space then anywhere else by far but i would still have some.

some things that i think may just be cool ideas.
    1- the solar panel in war is ok but i would have some way for them to fold in of have a metal cover go over them.

2- instead of just a circle with 2 tubes for the turret try making it have some more details. (maybe look at a anouther ships guns)

3- have a shield thing that can go in front of the main window. not realy a lid just some slab of metal that drops down infront of it and hint at this in the window sill

4 an air lock would be something cool to have be placed on it somewhere.

ok that is and all of those are just me trying to think of what would go with that ships tyle.

and if this doesnt make sence of i missspelled EVER THING sorry im tired and it about time for me to sleep.

No offence, but I believe, before doing tweaking textures you should think more about the geometry of the object.

Just a couple of moments that you might concider improving:
    1) Currently, your guntower looks as a solid monolythic structure. Barrels would not be able to move, the tower itself doesn't look as if can be rotated. Thus, you should google tanks and capital ships of the modern navy to see the way guntowers are built. Also, lower hemisphere is neither protected by a thick layer of armour, nor defended by guntower - thus it is possible to easily approach the vessel without being hit and easily breach hull.
    2) Huge torpedocatcher on the front side of the cruiser. One lucky shoot, and the vessel explodes. Mayhaps, you shoud at least add some kind of a lid, or baydoors?
    3) details, details, details. Preferrably, not poitless. And re-read yaschan's first post in this topic, it worth it

Good luck, and keep on working

Edit. Dasher posted something similar while I've been writing Which proves that these are quite important points you should concider working over.

cool. I'll take that under advisement.
    @Dashermkil The "bridge" at the front of the ship is actually supposed to be a camera to transmit live video to the bridge in the MIDDLE of the ship. I know the camera is SUPER big, and is desperately needing detail, so I should add a bit of that.
    Be posting a new photo soon!

Ciao
    "'Sup, Djents?"

iMac Quad Core i7
    24GB RAM 1600MHz
    GeForce GTX680MX 2GB

working on blast doors and camera detail...
    "'Sup, Djents?"

iMac Quad Core i7
    24GB RAM 1600MHz
    GeForce GTX680MX 2GB

I'll post a screenshot every so often of my progress.
    "'Sup, Djents?"

iMac Quad Core i7
    24GB RAM 1600MHz
    GeForce GTX680MX 2GB

I just realized I can't make blast doors. but I have a shield protecting them
    "'Sup, Djents?"

iMac Quad Core i7
    24GB RAM 1600MHz
    GeForce GTX680MX 2GB

I improved textures and the "battle bridge" or whatever (no offense) and I will post a photo when I omprove it a little more.
    "'Sup, Djents?"

iMac Quad Core i7
    24GB RAM 1600MHz
    GeForce GTX680MX 2GB

Here you can see that I replaced the front with some nurnies. you can also see the unfinished guntower.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Platform_modeler.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	92328
    "'Sup, Djents?"

iMac Quad Core i7
    24GB RAM 1600MHz
    GeForce GTX680MX 2GB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12