Thread: new 2.0 version for xd300 challenge

new 2.0 version for xd300 challenge

When I open an existing project the stills and titles are gone! I have to find them and add them. Even if I create a new title from the newtek templates they disappear when I close down.

When I shut down and reopen Tricaster it still does not reference those files - meaning they are not showing up in the stills and title tabs.

The titles I create from the templates, I can not seem to find to import back in.

I reported this to Tech Support. Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks, James

Quote Originally Posted by jredmond108 View Post
    When I open an existing project the stills and titles are gone! I have to find them and add them. Even if I create a new title from the newtek templates they disappear when I close down.
    I think by 'project', you mean to refer to a 'session', right? (SE and LT refer to 'projects' within a 'session', that's why I'm asking.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Correct "session". Are you seeing that with the titles and stills? James

No. This suggests perhaps that either some of your media is installed in other than the default locations, or there is something wonky with the default paths on your system.

Could you try a fresh ("New") session? Add a few titles and stills (which should be found in their default locations in the Add Media browser, rather than having to add a custom location), then exit the session, and reload it?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Steve,

I created a new session, added titles and stills. Closed it down. When I reopen the titles and stills are not there. Strange.

Could it be the older version I got a few days ago (that's when it started) and I just installed the final version 2 is conflicting with each other?

Thanks, James

If the Media Browser finds the files in their correct locations, it seems like a path or session file issue. I think there are hidden system files that may bear on file paths, but rather than me get in the middle of it, it might be good to see if Tech Support can help you sort it out. (You might not be the only one who sees this, James.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Technical Support
    Hey James give us a call and lets see what we can do to take care of it.
    Donny Oropeza
    NewTek Technical Support
    210-341-8444 (8:30 AM to 6:30 PM C)
    (Monday - Friday)(10:00 AM to 2 PM C)(Sat-Sun)
    NewTek Customer Service
    1-800-862-7837 (9:30 AM to 5:30 PM C)(M-F)

update

I spoke with tech support today and this issue that I reported is now a known issue and they are working on a patch for it. For now the only thing to do is wait for the next update.

All the best, James

James,

I have reviewed this issue and contrary to what technical support informed you, this is not a known issue at this time. Unfortunately we have been unable to reproduce this here locally even though we have tried extensively. I have asked that our head of QA contact you to work through this with you and determine what is going on.

Andrew

I can now confirm that we have reproduced this issue here and it actually dates back to 2009, so is not actually new to rev.2. That said, I am sure we will put out a patch for this as soon as we can validate the fix.

Andrew

Workaround

The techs at Newtek said the workaround is to put something in the DDR. Then stills and titles will show up correctly. In the next update they should have a correction where you do not need anything in the DDR. James

Note that we have replaced the download for rev.2 with one that fixes this issue. In the next few days it will also go up and be visible as a new update when you click "check for updates". In the mean time, if you re-download rev.2 then you would get this fix.

Kind of incredible we all missed this one for so long !

Andrew