Thread: DDR Solo audio causes scratchy audio for all

DDR Solo audio causes scratchy audio for all

I am a video production teacher in faribanks alaska.

I recently have been trying to run the DDR audio into our soundboard so that my "audio" person can control the DDR as well as the Mics (which already go into the sound board and then into Tricaster via Line-In). I did this by putting the DDR on "Solo" and then running from the headphone jack to the soundboard. This works as far as getting the audio into the board but somewhere along the way back it becomes scratchy (almost like the levels are too high but they are not showing too high on either the soundboard or the Tricaster). It also makes the microphones, which were previously clear, also scratchy/staticy. Any thoughts on a better way to do this? I can teach a lot of things just not Audio. thanks.

Ben Johnson

Can you tell us which model and software version you are running?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I have the Tricaster Pro. I am not sure which version I have but when I try to do an "update" it says the the program is up-to-date. The soundboard is a Mackie 16 channel audio board.

Thanks

bump

Sorry, hurt my back and was off yesterday. Since you are driving your external board from the headphone jack, have you tried plugging a headphone in directly instead, to see if you can see if you hear the problem there?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")