Thread: Render For Ipad

Render For Ipad

Has anyone been successful rendering 720p for ipad? I'm trying to get the video to completely fill the screen of the ipad. I cropped my video to 1280x720 in SE and then rendered using every codec possible - all to no avail.
    The only workaround I've found is iFunia video converter, but my crossfades come out very blocky. The video output by iFunia:
    Video tracks: H.264, 1280x720, 30fps, 2.85Mbps;
    Audio tracks: MPEG 4 Low Complexity AAC Stereo, 44.1kHz, 116 kbps.
    I've tried matching these settings when rendering from SE, but it's a no-go.

Thanks for your help!

I remember doing this recently. I saved SE2 timeline as .avi and audio as .wav. Imported into VirtualDub and created an avi (because I like their de-interlace and scaling quality).
    Then I put that avi into Quicktime Pro and rendered the needed .mov files
    They looked really good.... but it was a long process.

Yikes! No way to go directly from SE to Ipad?

I use WinX HD to convert for use with Ipad
    Dynamic Video Productions
    Mount Laurel NJ

Las Vegas Toaster
    Keep in mind TriCaster was around long before iPad so your comment should be...

Yikes! iPad used a messed up resolution and codec that we now need to figure out how to make our video compatable with!
    Brett Beanan

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Chausse View Post
    Yikes! No way to go directly from SE to Ipad?
    You may be able to save the project as a wrapped .avi file from SE which is instant and then use an encoding app that will accept it to convert. Still not from within Speed Edit but there would be no extra rendering time. At the most you might have to render a separate .wav file as some apps choke on the audio from a wrapped .avi but that is done lickity split.

Pretty sure the free VirtualDub will accept a wrapped .avi, don't quote me tho. I can give it a try in a few.

Quote Originally Posted by donx View Post
    I saved SE2 timeline as .avi and audio as .wav. Imported into VirtualDub and created an avi (because I like their de-interlace and scaling quality).
    Then I put that avi into Quicktime Pro and rendered the needed .mov files
    They looked really good.... but it was a long process.
    So it seems my method may be the most direct route to a good product.
    It's actually not a very lengthy process... not exactly real time but, depending on the production length and processor speed, nothing that can't be accommodated for by a render break in the backyard or sauna.

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by donx View Post
    So it seems my method may be the most direct route to a good product.
    Ooops ,,,, Oh yea you were talking about the wrapper to begin with weren't you? Easy to get confused with the save as avi wrapper and render as full avi when reading and writing on forum.

Yup as long as the rendering program will accept the saved .avi wrapper file properly (you have to be careful some programs read the field order wrong, some get the dimensions wrong etc) it's hard to get quicker.

Looking for a solution, must say I'm disappointed at what I'm finding...

Quote Originally Posted by bbeanan View Post
    Keep in mind TriCaster was around long before iPad so your comment should be...

Yikes! iPad used a messed up resolution and codec that we now need to figure out how to make our video compatable with!
    Or... "Yikes! I wish the developers of the software I purchased we're looking at needed updates to stay relevant in an ever-changing marketplace." ... Darwinism at its finest.

Seriously, the iPad is an ever growing market, it would be nice to not have to buy a new suite of software for a single task just to make use of it. (even if the Apple developers were the ones to make it a pain in the arse)