Thread: No Really LOCK A/V

Las Vegas Toaster

No Really LOCK A/V

This kills me time and time again even if you have the lock a/v button checked you can still move the audio out of sync of the video... so what good is that button...

Please either make it so it will keep them in sync or make something happen to show that it is out of sync.
    Brett Beanan

If you drag a video clip, its audio, if locked, will follow it. If you drag an audio clip, it will leave the video as it was and move the audio despite being locked. The trick is to know that and move the video, not the audio.

This is because Speed Edit is primarily a video program, and gives seniority to all things video over any mere audio item, which is the correct philosophy, and the way the entire world should operate. Video has always been senior and will always be senior, and humanity should recognize that and always treat video as senior. Notice how VT used to have the video clips as 2 lines high but the audio tracks only one. The fact that radio was developed before television is a historical travesty of justice of global proportions. I could go on. In fact I might...

Beethoven was deaf. This about sums it up.

Mutley Eugenius.

Blog Entries
    One spliff too many methinks.

I don't spliff. I spline.

Las Vegas Toaster
    Yea I know that but when I have set fades on AudioI have bummped the audio out of snyc without knowing until I check the render...

I would just like to really see it locked... sort of like my front door if it is locked it will not open... in SE logic if I turn the handle to the left it woujld be locked but hey turn it right and you are in... not a very logical lock..
    Brett Beanan

Toaster Oven
    "The trick is to know that and move the video, not the audio."

The trick is to find an edit system that supports basic functions like this.

Las Vegas Toaster
    ALL other editing systems work like this if the audio is locked it is locked and will not go out of sync unless you unlock them... heck the rest of the whole world works like this... if something is locked then it is locked
    Brett Beanan

...I'm just sayin'.