Thread: TC Studio acting very strange

TC Studio acting very strange

At a show this week, we set-up out TC Studio (running v2.0 initially) and had some real problems. There was no video coming in from the cameras, a black screen on the output and unable to record a file. we could play a recorded clip and watch it on the preview bus only. The swithing seemed sluggish. We also could not capture any video either in the capture tool.

We re-booted several times, reloaded the software twice (v 1.0 image from HD), ran a scandisk, and finally, it came up working. Being nervous, we left it on all night and upon arrival the next morning, the problem state had returned.

A few reboots later it came back to operational again, and ran fine for about three hours when all of a sudden the preview and program buses started switching on their own, then the video froze, then back to problem state. all while recording the video.

Followed several suggesteed fixes from Newtek as well as re-seating the boards and RAM, nothing. We also re-loaded the v 2.0 upgrade.

Has anybody out there had this happen to them? I suspect a hardware issue but having it crash while running makes me wonder?

Any help or suggestions would be helpful

It does sound like a board (or board connection) issue. If you have already removed the board, cleaned edge contacts, and reinserted without a lasting resolution, I would suggest pursuing the matter further with Tech Support.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Newbie Member

Using YC or composite?

I know it doesn't completely match your symptoms but I'd been thrown for a loop after an upgrade, the inputs reset to composite, so they showed up black. You have to go through input set up again.
    Sorry if this is unhelpful, you can buy me a beer if it works.
    Andru McCracken, Station Coordinator
    VCTV Channel 7
    Valemount, BC, CANADA

LOL I've done the same thing in the past. Nope the inputs are correctly set for Composite. Thanks for the try though.