Thread: layout crash

Newbie Member

layout crash

Hello you!
    I was hoping someone with special expertise in fixing lightwave crash problems. Every time I work on a project in the past few months, my files begin crashing when I have layout synced with modeler. I have to create everything in modeler and then send it to layout and never modify anything in modeler from that point on, because if I change anything in modeler when it is synced, layout will chug along trying to update the file, and then just die.
    Also, it crashes in various other instances that I haven't found a pattern in.
    This is on a macbookpro from 2008 with a 180 gig hard drive. I only have 50 gigs free and thought that might be the problem but havent tested it yet. If anyone can help me solve this, I will really owe you a big favor in the future.

Do you need to work with Modeler and Layout synced via the Hub? I don't work with it as it makes both sides run faster.

On a PC you add dash zero (-0) to the shortcut string. I'm not sure what the equivalent on a Mac is.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Are you using lw 9.6.1?

Newbie Member
    Space Monkey: Yes, it is 9.6.1.

Nick: Im not exactly sure what you mean.

I deleted 50 gigs of music from my hard drive and its still having the problem.
    help!!

than I don't know what it is. I'm using LW HC without any problems. I had similar problems with 9.6. I haven't tried 9.6.1 but HC works for me.

Try deleting your modeler and lightwave config files. These are located in "your home folder"/Library/Preferences. You will have to reload your plugins. Also if you customized your keyboard shortcuts and menus you should save these settings as you will have to reload them.

Newbie Member
    alright, well i deleted the program and reinstalled from a friend's disk. now it is locked though for some reason even though the dongle is in. maybe its a serial number problem/?? any ideas?
    thanks for the ideas so far guys!

When you say "locked" do you mean in Discovery mode?

Since you deleted everything did you re-enter your license key?
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel