Thread: Floating island

Floating island

I started this a while ago, but been busy on CD stuff and now I have a chance to get working on it again. I got inspired by the Manga film Laputa. It is a WIP still from an animation I'm working on which will include a dragon flying to and around it. Please give your opinion. 'Good', 'Boring' or whatever you think. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by retinajoy; 09-18-2003 at 09:19 AM.

Custom User Title
    It`s a nice start. I`d prefer more dangly-traily bits hanging off the bottom of the island; roots and stuff.

Also, with all that snow around, I don`t think that the shadow side of the island would be so dark, but this is a WIP, so you`re probably using a stand-in lighting rig for now, eh?

Cheers,

R

Originally posted by Rory_L
    It`s a nice start. I`d prefer more dangly-traily bits hanging off the bottom of the island; roots and stuff.

Also, with all that snow around, I don`t think that the shadow side of the island would be so dark, but this is a WIP, so you`re probably using a stand-in lighting rig for now, eh?

Cheers,

R
    Thanks Rory_L. I think the roots hanging off the bottom is a great idea. Yep, the side of the island is too dark and needs a fill light.

Wouldn't the side of the floating island also have some snow and ice on it? I'm not a pro since it doesn't snow here, and it's been a while since i've seen a floating island.

Everything looks so cold, it just seems wierd that there is none on the bottom of the island. Other than that, it's looking really good.

marvin