Thread: Installing 9.6.1

Installing 9.6.1

How do I get Lightwave to notice the hardware lock?

Why does NewTek make it so hard to install on a Mac? I downloaded 9.6.1 and it doesn't give me an installer just a .app that I have to drag to the Applications folder. Without an installer how does the hardware lock get noticed?

By the way I have copied the eve3 framework into the suggested areas from NewTek, restarted multiple times and Lightwave still doesn't show the dongle. 9.6 or the 9.6.1 doesn't see the dongle.

I'm reluctant to upgrade to Core/10 when 9.6 doesn't even install clean and easy. If anybody can help me get this working I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by WizCraker; 08-06-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core

I don't have that problem, but I'm not installing on a new OS X install. I can't remember having that problem, but it's been a long while since I did a fresh install on a Mac.

It may be something with your type of dongle or your specific dongle.

Does the dongle show up in the USB section of System Profiler (Applications/Utilities/System Profiler)?

Have you tried plugging the dongle into different USB ports?

Where did you get the eve3 framework? I don't remember if it comes with the installer. The one in my downloads in registration says it's for PowerPC and you're running on Intel.

You could try getting the dongle driver from the dongle manufacturer (possibly here: http://www.safenet-inc.com/Support_a...l_Drivers.aspx).

You should call or email Newtek with specifics about your problem and system. (What version of OS X are you using? What kind of dongle do you have? (There's a sticky thread in the beta forums about dongle issues). )

Good luck!
    Last edited by dwburman; 08-07-2010 at 01:06 AM.
    [mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!

On a virgin system you need to install 9.0/9.2 from the disc first in my experience. That's the only installer you'll need apart from the one supplied with core.

I had to plug the Dongle into a Windows machine and run Lightwave before it would work on my Mac Pro. So, it is working now.

Thanks to both dwburman, and meshpig for suggestions.
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core